Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-16-2018, 08:30 AM   #1
LittleRach
LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Broken KA1

My dog chewed my beloved KA1!

She only got one bite in before I got it off her, but she’s managed to go through the plastic at the top - I can see a hint of copper through the hole.

And it now doesn’t work at all. For a couple of hours it worked apart front the top left of the screen, but now nothing.

I’ve tried to google kobo repairs but haven’t found anything. Are they people who will repair, or do I just cut my losses?
LittleRach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 08:54 AM   #2
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRach View Post
My dog chewed my beloved KA1!

She only got one bite in before I got it off her, but she’s managed to go through the plastic at the top - I can see a hint of copper through the hole.

And it now doesn’t work at all. For a couple of hours it worked apart front the top left of the screen, but now nothing.

I’ve tried to google kobo repairs but haven’t found anything. Are they people who will repair, or do I just cut my losses?
i fear it will be the latter good luck.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2018, 09:04 AM   #3
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
it depends what is broken exactly

but chances are - it's a goner

(cheaper to buy new than try to repair damaged display and mainboard)

any photos?
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 03:40 PM   #4
LittleRach
LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Sigh.

Might need to get a new dog as well! Can’t believe she’s done this! Naughty girl. It’s a good job she’s really cute.

I thought I had a photo, but I don’t. But there’s really not much to see anyway, just a tiny puncture hole in the top and a bit of copper peeking through. Other than that it looks perfect. Apart from that it just doesn’t work!

I’ve managed to cope reading on my iPad, so I think that will get me through until summer, and then I will definitely want an e-ink screen again.
LittleRach is offline   Reply With Quote