Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-09-2018, 01:33 PM   #1
Kristoffer_1
Kristoffer_1 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
Upon Starting Koreader directed to wifi

Dear all , finally I must surrender , after readíng through the vast infornation shared by you all I conclude that my issue has not yet been encountered/(or posted :-) ). So after the installation of KSM 9 and Koreader 20180709-beta. The KSM is booting up and I can select Nickel without probs, however upon selecting Koreader, I'm directed to the selection of whether WIFI should be on or off. Then after either selection I'm directed back to KSM...
Help is greatly apriceted to guide me solving this Issue. Regards Kristoffer
Kristoffer_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 05:12 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
That is not the normal default action when KOReader starts, you might want to download another recent version and copy over the KOReader folder to your device, updating the current one in the .adds folder.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2018, 05:54 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I'm also not sure I understand your exact issue properly, namely, what's actually showing you that WiFi thingy... KOReader, KSM, or Nickel?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:27 AM   #4
Kristoffer_1

Thanx Ken, tried with tghe June release, the same thing happens. How do KSM handle these requests , I would suspect that this issue related to the KSM...
/K
Old 09-11-2018, 11:01 AM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Well, you could try turning Wifi on in KSM, before selecting to "Start KOReader" and see if that makes a difference. Also, try it after turning the Wifi off in KSM first to be sure it is not on when KOReader starts. Maybe that would provide a hint as to the problem. You can find more recent releases here.

The answer to NiLuJe's question would be required to track this down, as well.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2018, 03:06 PM   #6
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
@Kristoffer_1
See whether you can find an error log in the koreader folder.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:10 PM   #7
Kristoffer_1

So I updated the koreader with the nightly build September-09 and it works like a charm :-). Thanks for the support // Kristoffer