Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2014, 02:29 PM   #166
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyna View Post
Hello, I have that inside a "fonts" directory :

Example of font properties for gabriola-Italic.ttf :

My Kobo use the last firmware (3.8.0).

Bold and italic don't work for me, have you a solution please ?
Thanks.
Quick question: did you power cycle your Kobo after adding the font?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:43 AM   #167
Kyna
Kyna began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hello, I have created a new tutorial (in french) for add a custom font for the Kobo Glo and preserve the bold (strong) and italic effect, you have the link here : [Tutorial] Add a custom font on my Kobo Glo and preserve italic and bold effects.
Kyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2015, 02:24 AM   #168
bentleymaniac
Enthusiast
bentleymaniac began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
Or one could quickly and easily remove the DRM, but that would be illegal and a Federal crime.
actually, removing DRM is not illegal.
Making money from ebooks you do not own the rights to IS illegal.
If you are merely removing DRM from a book you purchased on Amazon in order to read it on a Kobo (or similar situation), YOU ARE NOT BREAKING THE LAW.
If you then give away (or worse, sell) copies of the DRM free book, then YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW.
bentleymaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:52 AM   #169
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyna View Post
Hello, I have created a new tutorial (in french) for add a custom font for the Kobo Glo and preserve the bold (strong) and italic effect, you have the link here : [Tutorial] Add a custom font on my Kobo Glo and preserve italic and bold effects.
Hmm... is the reason Bing can't translate the URL because it's French?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 09:20 PM   #170
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentleymaniac View Post
actually, removing DRM is not illegal.
That varies country by country. Your statement may or may not be true depending what country you are in.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert