Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-10-2018, 09:08 PM   #61
downeaster59
Guru
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, Likebook Mars, Kindle Oasis 2, Nook Glowlight 3
AliExpress informed me that my Nova has been shipped. I should receive it in 6-13 days. I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:31 PM   #62
raintr33
raintr33 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Touch, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura HD
I just bought it at Taobao Tmall at US$225.
Hope it gets delivered safely to me as it's my first purchase on Taobao.
raintr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:28 AM   #63
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova
I got mine today. Fiddled with it for a while, so far so good. Everything is working as expected. I don't have high expectation for any E Ink device.

When I opened it, I found some fingerprints on the screen. If it's not the first batch for sale, I probably would think it's a returned item from an unsatisfied buyer. Maybe Boox is too busy at new products to ask their tester or assembly line workers wear gloves. Overall the build quality is fine, better than my Max2.

After a heavy CPU use, like installing several Apps, you can feel the lower part of the device back become a bit of warmer. Common use won't trigger this issue.

The third party home-brewed app Floating F5 I introduced before in the forum can be found in the built-in app store. A little surprise.

Hope you guys can get your Nova delivered safely.

Last edited by cqman; 11-11-2018 at 08:14 PM.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:32 PM   #64
raintr33
raintr33 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Touch, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura HD
Hi cqman,

How in the world did you get the Nova so quickly!
Glad to hear your positive review on it.

Can't wait for mine to arrive.
raintr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:58 PM   #65
Question Mark
Guru
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura, KA1, Onyx Max
Although I would really like to have a front light on such a device, I think I will wait until the Nova Plus makes an appearance.

The ability to use a stylus in addition to a finger is more important to me than the light... However, hope the Nova works out well for those who decide to take the plunge. I will be interested to hear how it performs compared to other Onyx devices currently on the market. I am encouraged to hear that the build quality seems good.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:24 AM   #66
Alrayes
Alrayes began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX NOVA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
I got mine today. Fiddled with it for a while, so far so good. Everything is working as expected. I don't have high expectation for any E Ink device.

When I opened it, I found some fingerprints on the screen. If it's not the first batch for sale, I probably would think it's a returned item from an unsatisfied buyer. Maybe Boox is too busy at new products to ask their tester or assembly line workers wear gloves. Overall the build quality is fine, better than my Max2.

After a heavy CPU use, like installing several Apps, you can feel the lower part of the device back become a bit of warmer. Common use won't trigger this issue.

The third party home-brewed app Floating F5 I introduced before in the forum can be found in the built-in app store. A little surprise.

Hope you guys can get your Nova delivered safely.
waiting for mine, i was gonna order likebook mars from aliexpress but some sellers explicitly said in the purchase pages of mars it is better if we order the boox nova
and when checking there latest buyers feedback a lot of the recent complaints came from people who purchased the likebook mars.

with the coupons and what not it came to about 254 usd inculding the shipment and vat to saudi arabia, so yeah i guess it is a good deal as eink readers go.
Alrayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:28 PM   #67
downeaster59
Guru
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, Likebook Mars, Kindle Oasis 2, Nook Glowlight 3
DHL says that my Nova should be delivered on November 19. Looking forward to it.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote