Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-18-2021, 07:51 AM   #1
moldy
Enthusiast
moldy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Versions 5.15 and 5.16 Epub to Mobi Loses Chapter Separation

I upgraded from 5.14 to 5.15 then quickly to 5.16.
I edited some Epubs with a single html file per title page, chapters etc.
When I converted to Mobi the title page and chapters were not separated in the reader - one ran into the next as if they were the same file.
I downgraded to 5.15 and the same thing happened.
I downgraded back to 5.14 and on conversion my separate chapters reappeared in the reader. This makes it easier to check the editing.

Any ideas as to what's happening in 5.15/5.16? Has Calibre been modified to work that way on purpose?
moldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 10:24 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
ARE we discussing the builtin viewer?
You may have put it into Scroll mode . (you want Paged mode)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 12:02 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's a bug, the viewer is not respeciting the page-break CSS properties. Well strictly its a bug in Qt but I accidentally removed the workaround for it when doing some CSS processing optimization. It will be fixed in th enext release, but note that you will need to reload the book in the viewer controls for the fix to take effect.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 05:56 AM   #4
moldy
Enthusiast

Thanks Kovid

I always upgrade as soon as a new release arrives and in the meantime I'll stick with 5.14.

Cheers - Moldy
Old 04-19-2021, 07:51 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
version 5.16.1 with the fix was released today.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:30 AM   #6
moldy
Enthusiast

Thank you Kovid - that was quick