Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Ducky:

If you're asking if (in XP):
  1. You do a S&R;
  2. then you close the S&R window,
  3. and the cursor position in the CV window is reset (usually to the top of the file), even though you had it in the location you wanted before you closed the S&R window?
Then the answer is YES, it most certainly is, about 75-80% of the time. It's very annoying. I tried to capture it with Jing for Valloric, but it's just inconsistent enough wherein nearly every time I start to run the video, it doesn't bloody do it...and running Sigil and Jing simultaneously, the latter in video mode with a window size large enough to capture the action sucks the life out of my cpu.

Hitch
Thankyou for confirming. We are seeing the same thing.
I will open a ticket.

S+R has a whole raft of un-wanted "Movement"

Search and Find text before a "re-flow" completes, and as soon as you switch Focus to the text window(BV), it flys away to the top and you have to Find again. ( would rather have it just block the find until the re-flow was done).

Mark some text in BV (a simple set insert point), switch to CV. As soon as you try to fine set the insert point, Jerk, the text moves a few lines.

Annoying, but it still beats fixing EPUBS the old way hands down
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:15 PM   #17
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Thankyou for confirming. We are seeing the same thing.
I will open a ticket.

S+R has a whole raft of un-wanted "Movement"

Search and Find text before a "re-flow" completes, and as soon as you switch Focus to the text window(BV), it flys away to the top and you have to Find again. ( would rather have it just block the find until the re-flow was done).

Mark some text in BV (a simple set insert point), switch to CV. As soon as you try to fine set the insert point, Jerk, the text moves a few lines.

Annoying, but it still beats fixing EPUBS the old way hands down
There was a report about this a while back, and I couldn't reproduce it. A tentative fix was made, but fixing bugs blind rarely works.

If you can provide more information on this bug that would help reproduce it, please do so. But don't create a new issue, add info to the current one.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2010, 03:23 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
There was a report about this a while back, and I couldn't reproduce it. A tentative fix was made, but fixing bugs blind rarely works.

If you can provide more information on this bug that would help reproduce it, please do so. But don't create a new issue, add info to the current one.
I don't know what else to say. It does these things way more than it does not.
The difference between these reports, is the FULL JUMP only happens in BV.

This is a race condition, that only happens while a Flow refresh is processing. If you switch to the tab amd wait out the re-flow refresh, then it does not happen.
S+R
Re-flow finish, Jump to top

The CV jerk issue is 3 or 4 lines upon switch.

It must be a specific system dependent issue.
XP SP3 1G RAM P4 3.2GHz Dual Head displays.
Same box as Calibre (which I could not get into Developer mode)

Last edited by theducks; 08-01-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Clarify
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote