Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Frozen 505 Finally Fixed by Reset!

My 505 has been SO stable with no hiccups until today while reading a book when it froze on a page and would not advance, turn off, or anything.

I referenced my Sony User's Guide which said to push the reset button. I did it but it didn't fix things.

So I called Sony help and they said I have to depress the reset button for 5+ seconds. This solved the problem. I'm surprised the User's Guide wasn't more explicit, but I'm just happy the problem got solved rather easily.

. . . . . . Pete
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Glad it's working for you Pete. I had to reset my once but I don't usually press the reset hard enough. My spouse did it for me and it worked fine afterwards.
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert