Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #646
lamaz
ebouquin.fr
lamaz began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 1, Blackberry Bold, Asus P750, Astak Pocket Pro
I'm still wait my notification... I am afraid to be forgotten...
lamaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #647
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamaz View Post
I'm still wait my notification... I am afraid to be forgotten...
Here's hoping you get it soon. It's still only 1:45 PM in California.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 05:19 PM   #648
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
The totally most annoying thing is the tiny tiny menu font....virtually unreadable.
I totally agree with this. I would like to be able to read without my reading glasses and the tiny font size in the menus is a huge negative for me.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:26 PM   #649
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
The first charge needs to be a good soaking so that it will keep the charge longer. It is mainly a memory issue quick charges will shorten the battery life.

Chuck
A memory issue? I don't think any readers use NiCad batteries. And even that was a myth I think. http://www.repairfaq.org/ELE/F_NiCd_Memory.html

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:24 AM   #650
JVIPER88
JVIPER88 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Astak Reader accessories?

Does anyone know if Astak has additional accessories that can be purchased for their ebook readers? It would be great if I could find an integrated cover with light, similar to the items that Sony has for its ebook readers (the light wedge would be ideal).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
JVIPER88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 06:03 AM   #651
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrax View Post
In case anybody wonders on the delay of arrival to Europe (specifically Romania):
- I got the e-mail informing me on the shipment on 2 September - the delivery was made with USPS,
- following the tracking number on USPS website I found out that the package arrived to Romania on 8 September (coincidence or not, on 8 September I also received the rebate),
- on 14 September I was notified by the Post Office that I can come to pick it up.

The good news is that you don't pay customs tax. The bad news is that you pay the VAT.

The charges is the US type, not the European one. However, I read on the Bebook forum that I can use my iPod charger. So I am now waiting for the 12 hours first charge to end, so I can start loading it with my books.
Is it a 110-220V charger? Which would mean you only need a converter for the pins. (so no voltage converter required...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:32 AM   #652
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVIPER88 View Post
Does anyone know if Astak has additional accessories that can be purchased for their ebook readers? It would be great if I could find an integrated cover with light, similar to the items that Sony has for its ebook readers (the light wedge would be ideal).

Not that I've seen.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:41 AM   #653
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:

Any accessories that work with any of the other Hanlin readers and rebrands should work fine with the Astak ones.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:43 AM   #654
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Is it a 110-220V charger?
Yes. Also, any USB charger (like the iPod charger) should work.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:45 AM   #655
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
That exactly what I use for my BeBook... An iPod wallcharger with USB connection, works excellent with the reader, and I can also keep reading while charging with a long enough USB cable
Old 09-16-2009, 06:57 AM   #656
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Don't have an ipod so I don't have a charger either. But I do have a sonim, and I believe that does have an USB charger. But are all USB chargers made equal?

(I do have a converter, as I needed that for my JE100)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:58 AM   #657
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Don't have an ipod so I don't have a charger either. But I do have a sonim, and I believe that does have an USB charger. But are all USB chargers made equal?

(I do have a converter, as I needed that for my JE100)
All USB wall chargers SHOULD be made equal yes. As long as they adhere to the USB-standard and delivering 5 volts to the reader.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:45 AM   #658
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
All USB wall chargers SHOULD be made equal yes. As long as they adhere to the USB-standard and delivering 5 volts to the reader.
The micro USB chargers that follows the standard should short circuit the signal lines. I suppos mini USB chargers can differ depending if the do that or not.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:32 AM   #659
JVIPER88
JVIPER88 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Any accessories that work with any of the other Hanlin readers and rebrands should work fine with the Astak ones.
Have you come across any sites where accessories for the Hanlin rebrands have been sold? I'll take a closer look at all of the possibilities, but if you know of a location where these things can be found it would be a great help. Thanks again!
JVIPER88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:42 AM   #660
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Have you come across any sites where accessories for the Hanlin rebrands have been sold? I'll take a closer look at all of the possibilities, but if you know of a location where these things can be found it would be a great help. Thanks again!
Not as far as lightwedges goes. It's not something I have been looking for myself. So I can't help you there really.