Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-14-2009, 12:50 PM   #631
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Robertb, if all orders did shipped and i havent got a mail informing that my PP is on its way, should i worry? Do i need to send a mail at support@astak.com to see if my order shipped/get my tracking number? (Im living on Mexico)
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:52 PM   #632
Morlac
Connoisseur
Morlac doesn't litterMorlac doesn't litter

Device: Pocket Pro
Ditto -- I'm in New Jersey, USA and still have no confirmation email. I just dropped a line to the support email address inquiring just in case.
Morlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2009, 02:37 PM   #633
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Well My Pocket Pro is lying at the Post Office as VAT had been charged. It took about 10-12 days for the whole journey plus processing so the estimate given by Astak was pretty close

VAT Came to £21 but Parcelforce added £8 Processing fee (Still better the DHL or FedEx who would charge three or four times that) for a total of £29 which while not cheap is not going to break the bank, and was expected (Paid about the same for my PRS500, oh, almost 2 years ago)

So hopefully I should have my new Black Pocket Pro tomorrow and should post a review later in the week.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #634
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Shipping Notification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
Robertb, if all orders did shipped and i havent got a mail informing that my PP is on its way, should i worry? Do i need to send a mail at support@astak.com to see if my order shipped/get my tracking number? (Im living on Mexico)
Ruby and Amy are working today and tomorrow to get out all the notifications. There are a lot they still have to do.

Wait until late Tuesday. We should have all notifications sent by email out by late Tuesday at the latest.

If by Wednesday morning you have not received anything then do email to support@astak.com and let us check up!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #635
Morlac
Connoisseur
Morlac doesn't litterMorlac doesn't litter

Device: Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Ruby and Amy are working today and tomorrow to get out all the notifications. There are a lot they still have to do.

Wait until late Tuesday. We should have all notifications sent by email out by late Tuesday at the latest.

If by Wednesday morning you have not received anything then do email to support@astak.com and let us check up!
Just got my confirmation email and tracking number (delivery Sept 18) -- thanks!
Morlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2009, 10:38 PM   #636
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I just threw the USPS tracking number at the Canada Post tracking site, and it found it:

2009/09/13 03:18 International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada

I'm impressed! Now someday it'll tell me it is in Customs for a while...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:48 PM   #637
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Anyone here knows the average time a parcel is at customs if is from another country?
Old 09-15-2009, 03:26 AM   #638
UchihaNaru
Connoisseur
UchihaNaru is on a distinguished road

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
Anyone here knows the average time a parcel is at customs if is from another country?
I would like to know too..
UchihaNaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:25 AM   #639
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post

Just to throw in my recent purchase experience, FWIW: when I purchased my Pocket Pro last week (Wednesday), I immediately recieved the transaction confirmation. On Thursday I received another email notification that my order had shipped, with a FedEx tracking number. Once FedEx delivered my package yesterday, I got an email update notifying me of delivery. Later in the day I received an email from Astak notifying me that my item had shipped and was on it's way, with the tracking #....
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:38 AM   #640
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Just to throw in my recent purchase experience, FWIW: when I purchased my Pocket Pro last week (Wednesday), I immediately recieved the transaction confirmation. On Thursday I received another email notification that my order had shipped, with a FedEx tracking number. Once FedEx delivered my package yesterday, I got an email update notifying me of delivery. Later in the day I received an email from Astak notifying me that my item had shipped and was on it's way, with the tracking #....
Yes, the same thing happened to me but it was UPS and on their website it never said "out for delivery" but none-the-less was on my doorstep last night.

My first impressions were not good. Some details in the "Firmware Upgrade" thread. I'm trying to give it a second chance today.

The totally most annoying thing is the tiny tiny menu font....virtually unreadable.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:15 PM   #641
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Well, just recieved my Pocket Pro, and First Impression is......its Tiny.

Comparing to my Cybook Gen3, it looks nearly a fourth smaller, and feels to be a bit more substantial / solid in build quality.

Have only booted it up to check whether or not its working, and so far looks good. Have it charging right now, and will load a few books any see how the reading experience is later tonight.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:18 PM   #642
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader

Why does the site says first charge need to be 12 hours long if is suposed to charge in around 4 hours?
Old 09-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #643
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
The first charge needs to be a good soaking so that it will keep the charge longer. It is mainly a memory issue quick charges will shorten the battery life.

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:20 PM   #644
abrax
abrax began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader Pocket PRO
In case anybody wonders on the delay of arrival to Europe (specifically Romania):
- I got the e-mail informing me on the shipment on 2 September - the delivery was made with USPS,
- following the tracking number on USPS website I found out that the package arrived to Romania on 8 September (coincidence or not, on 8 September I also received the rebate),
- on 14 September I was notified by the Post Office that I can come to pick it up.

The good news is that you don't pay customs tax. The bad news is that you pay the VAT.

The charges is the US type, not the European one. However, I read on the Bebook forum that I can use my iPod charger. So I am now waiting for the 12 hours first charge to end, so I can start loading it with my books.
abrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #645
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
The first charge needs to be a good soaking so that it will keep the charge longer. It is mainly a memory issue quick charges will shorten the battery life.

Chuck
I don't think there are memory issues with this type of battery.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote