Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-11-2009, 04:50 AM   #1
stacionari
stacionari began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Greatings from Serbia

Hi,

I've just stumbled upon this great forum while searching in google for Kindle 2.0 user review. I found here what I was looking for so I decided to join the forums.

I wish to use the opportunity to ask a question:

If I by new Kindle 2.0 device, as I am from Serbia, what is happening with reader's wirelless functionality ? Do I still have an option of downloading books?

Txs

Last edited by stacionari; 02-11-2009 at 04:55 AM. Reason: I added my signature
stacionari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:14 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacionari View Post
Hi,

I've just stumbled upon this great forum while searching in google for Kindle 2.0 user review. I found here what I was looking for so I decided to join the forums.

I wish to use the opportunity to ask a question:

If I by new Kindle 2.0 device, as I am from Serbia, what is happening with reader's wirelless functionality ? Do I still have an option of downloading books?

Txs
Hello, stacionari, and welcome t MobileRead.

Unfortunately, at this time, Amazon is shipping Kindles only withing the United States due to copyright laws that vary around the world.

If you have a US based mailing address and credit card you can buy a Kindle and download books anywhere in the world using a computer instead of the wireless.

There are many other options available to you, however. Please look around and ask questions. We'll do our best to help you find the perfect reader!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi stacionari and welcome to the Forum.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:47 AM   #4
stacionari
stacionari began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi stacionari and welcome to the Forum.
Txs for swift response.
I have a sister in US so I will ask her for help.
One more dilemma: Is it worth going for Kindle 2, having in mind the high price of the device and not substantial features update, or it is smart to wait a bit and buy Kindle 1 as a second hend an for much better price?

What is your opinion?
stacionari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:32 AM   #5
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
stacionari, you will find no lack of opinions here to your question.

Here is mine.

If you want a kindle, and while wireless is not an issue (because you can't use it) I would go for the K1, it will likely be less expensive, but your sister will need to get it second hand (off ebay, or craig's list, or elsewhere).

But then, I only have K1, so my opinion is worth only as much as everyone else's.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert