Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-03-2021, 04:02 PM   #46
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
My system:
Windows 10 x64. Sigil 1.4.3. Acces-aide 0.5.1.
No. I'm using the most recent version of both.
No clue about this, then. I'll try it on Linux.
thiago.eec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 04:07 PM   #47
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Attached is a scrambled version of a test case book. But I must say this didn't work with any of the books I tested. I even mended html files, before running the plugin (so, the DOCTYPE wouldn't be a problem).
I did a quick look at the file and there was no DOCTYPE visible. The first code block is prior to the mend while the second is after running mend.

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:epub="http://www.idpf.org/2007/ops" lang="pt-BR" xml:lang="pt-BR">
  <head>
    <title></title>
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html>

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:epub="http://www.idpf.org/2007/ops" lang="pt-BR" xml:lang="pt-BR">
<head>
  <title></title>
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2021, 04:16 PM   #48
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
I'll try it on Linux.
I just tested the plugin with a pre-release version of Sigil 1.5.0 built on 12/23/2020 from master on my Arch Linux machine, and the titles were properly populated with the toc entries.
However, on my 64bit Windows 10 machine, I got the same results as thiago.eec with Sigi 1.4.3.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 04:17 PM   #49
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I did a quick look at the file and there was no DOCTYPE visible. The first code block is prior to the mend while the second is after running mend.
Yes, I didn't mend it before sending (just cleared the title tags). But I did tested here after mending.
Old 02-03-2021, 04:18 PM   #50
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
I just tested the plugin with a pre-release version of Sigil 1.5.0 built on 12/23/2020 from master on my Arch Linux machine, and the titles were properly populated with the toc entries.
However, on my 64bit Windows 10 machine, I got the same results as thiago.eec with Sigi 1.4.3.
Thanks @Doitsu. Then it seems to be a Windows specific problem.
Advert
Old 02-03-2021, 04:24 PM   #51
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Wow. I can not think of a change that would impact this plugin only on Windows since Sigil-1.4.3.

But I have so many Sigil builds lying around that my Sigil 1.4.3 on my mac may not be identical to whatever is on the releases page. I will download exactly that version and try the testcase with that exact version just in case it is a generic plugin bug that only exists in 1.4.3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 04:33 PM   #52
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, grabbed an official release build of Sigil-1.4.3 for mac from the Official Sigil github releases and wonloaded and installed it and ran Access-Aide on the provided testcase.

On load I had to run Mend to add the Doctypes and then invoked Access-Aide and it did its job correctly.

So something very Windows specific that impacts plugins is happening.

Very strange.
Old 02-03-2021, 04:36 PM   #53
KevinH
Sigil Developer

I will ask DiapDealer to investigate this on his Windows build to see if he has any ideas.

Edit:

Passed along the testcase to him and asked DiapDealer to take a look when he gets a chance.

Interestingly enough I could not e-mail the plugin zip code to him as gmail barfed saying it was infected when of course it is just a zip with an executable inside and a bunch of python code. The executable is just to help see svg images in a tk plugin and is not needed.

Hopefully he will be able to track down what the issue is and hopefully fix it in master.

Last edited by KevinH; 02-03-2021 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-03-2021, 05:10 PM   #54
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I was going to say I was seeing the same thing on Windows, but it looks like I should just skip to seeing why it might work differently on Windows.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:12 PM   #55
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Does it fail on master on Windows too?
Old 02-03-2021, 05:25 PM   #56
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
Yes (Windows 10). I have the build prepared just now and the problem exists.
BeckyEbook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:25 PM   #57
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I haven't tried that yet. I was using a version of Sigil (somewhat newer than 1.4.3) that I have on my work laptop in order to give it a quick test.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 06:07 PM   #58
KevinH
Sigil Developer

So the problem may be with the executable as that is pretty much the only Windows specific thing. Perhaps it is causing the plugin to exit abnormally?
Old 02-03-2021, 06:15 PM   #59
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
No, I see issue.
Code:
apath = os.path.normcase(apath)
For example:
titlemap says "OEBPS/introducao.xhtml",
but the bookpath says "OEBPS/Introducao.xhtml".

Since the bookpath in the titlemap is different than the actual name in the EPUB file – the condition is not met and the title is not inserted.

---
Edit: If the xhtml file name is written in lowercase (e.g. toc.xhtml) then the title is inserted because the bookpath matches the titlemap.

Last edited by BeckyEbook; 02-03-2021 at 06:30 PM.
BeckyEbook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 06:44 PM   #60
KevinH
Sigil Developer

But how does it work on Linux which is fully case sensitive?