Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-06-2015, 12:42 PM   #1
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Question using "Add Blank SVG Image"

I must be missing something attempting to use the "Add Blank SVG Image" popup menu entry. If I use it I do indeed get an image file created and opened, but when I attempt to paste an image into it from my browser the URI is pasted instead of the image. What am I missing here?

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 01:58 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
An SVG-image is actually a representation of various vectors. These vectors are described by a textual representation. If you open an SVG file in a text-editor, you are able to see this and make changes if you want. If Sigil opens an SVG image, it will show you the text instead of the image. That is why you get the URI instead of the image. Get the text representing the image and paste that.
Sigil is not an image editor.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2015, 10:06 AM   #3
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
An SVG-image is actually a representation of various vectors. These vectors are described by a textual representation. If you open an SVG file in a text-editor, you are able to see this and make changes if you want. If Sigil opens an SVG image, it will show you the text instead of the image. That is why you get the URI instead of the image. Get the text representing the image and paste that.
Sigil is not an image editor.
Ah, I think I see. So a non-SVG image in the clipboard will not be pasted as that is not compatible with the SVG format.

I agree that Sigil is not an image editor, but it is an epub editor. Image files can be a part of an epub and thus should be dealt with appropriately.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 01:47 PM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
I agree that Sigil is not an image editor, but it is an epub editor. Image files can be a part of an epub and thus should be dealt with appropriately.
It does, you can add various types of images (as long as they are supported by the ePUB specs) by just adding the files. Copy/pasting can be a hit an miss for everything other than text.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote