Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-22-2023, 04:21 PM   #1
kaza
kaza began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara hd
plugins on linux with wayland cant build gui

Hi,
I'm using the flatpak of sigil on fedora and it works fine except for some plugins. I tried them on the x11 session and they work fine. specifically Access-Aide and RemoveHTMLTags give me the same error:
Tk_Init error: no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable

If I add some arguments (my additions to the arguments from the launcher in bold) when starting from the terminal it works fine:
flatpak run --nosocket=fallback-x11 --socket=x11 --branch=stable --arch=x86_64 --command=sigil --file-forwarding com.sigil_ebook.Sigil @@ %F @@

I'm wondering if anybody else has had this experience and where i should report it to hopefully get it fixed.
kaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 06:35 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I do not think Tk/Tcl supports wayland. So report it to them and to the flatpak folks to be safe.

Tcl/Tk may work with XWayland. Not sure.

Tcl/Tk has shown no real interest in wayland support as far as I can tell.

Last edited by KevinH; 10-22-2023 at 07:03 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 01:10 AM   #3
kaza
kaza began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara hd
Thanks, I will look into it further although as you said there doesnt seem to be much interest in working on it (their position seems to be "it would be cool but we need help or sponsorship"). for now I'll try to get the arguments I mentioned to work when added to the .desktop file as its giving me trouble.
kaza is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, linux, wayland