Notices

Old 04-07-2015, 10:52 AM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

Kindle for iOS 4.8 released

Kindle for iOS 4.8 released.

Quote:
What's New in Version 4.8
  • Flashcards for Print Replica Textbooks –Design improvements on iPad and new support for Flashcards in Print Replica textbooks on iPhone & iPod.
  • Enhanced “Before You Go” Experience – The enhanced “Before You Go” experience at the end of a book lets you find related books and learn more about each book or download its sample by tapping on its cover.
  • Performance and stability Improvements

Last edited by jswinden; 04-07-2015 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:38 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I keep hoping that one of these days we'll see support for sideloaded KF8. Maybe one day...
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2015, 02:08 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Me too, but I'm not holding my breath.

Amazon took away margin control on the iPhone version. It never had much control, only three options, but now we have ZERO options. I don't know when they took it away, but it has been a while now. Still three margin options on iPad version though. Frustrating...
Old 04-07-2015, 04:46 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I keep hoping that one of these days we'll see support for sideloaded KF8. Maybe one day...
They don't support KF8 at all. You can sideload AZK which is what they support. I wish they would support AZK for Dropbox and other cloud servers. They don't even own up that it is their format.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:48 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
They don't support KF8 at all. You can sideload AZK which is what they support. I wish they would support AZK for Dropbox and other cloud servers. They don't even own up that it is their format.

Dale
Yes, I know about AZK, but that's not a lot of use when it comes to loading books from Calibre.
Advert
Old 04-07-2015, 04:52 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, I know about AZK, but that's not a lot of use when it comes to loading books from Calibre.
I understand but you should be able to put an AZK file in the calibre hierarchy I would hope. Maybe it needs our library fix. You must use AZK. I don't think the will ever support KF8 on this device. I even tried to rename a AZK to mobi and it wouldn't take.

Dale
Old 04-07-2015, 04:55 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Calibre will store anything, but unfortunately it can't create AZK files, and creating them individually with Kindle Previewer would be a real pain to do for a large library.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:56 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Calibre will store anything, but unfortunately it can't create AZK files, and creating them individually with Kindle Previewer would be a real pain to do for a large library.
Should be able to automate it with a script I would think. I don't know why they haven't added this to KindleGen as well.

Dale
Old 04-07-2015, 04:58 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

By the way, the latest previewer can be set to iPad for an output and then when you drag a file it makes a .mobi and a .azk at once. You can just drag another file to make another one. It should actually go pretty fast.

Dale