Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-01-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
katysax
Enthusiast
katysax doesn't litterkatysax doesn't litterkatysax doesn't litter

Device: Kindle2, Kindle DX, prs 505
Kindle DX: Ships on June 10th!

For those of us who have been guessing when the Kindle DX would be available. Amazon has now announced that the first units will ship on June 10th.
katysax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by katysax View Post
For those of us who have been guessing when the Kindle DX would be available. Amazon has now announced that the first units will ship June 10.
What/where is your source please?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
The source is Amazon's own website on their product page.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:50 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
oh boy
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
olis
Zealot
olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: prs-500, Nokia N810, Irex dr1000s, Kindle3
Great, that was pretty quick!! They have even anticipated their previous "later in summer" release date!
olis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #6
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Announcement also up on Engadget now:

http://www.engadget.com/
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:25 PM   #7
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Device: Various Kindles, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 10.1
Wow! Let's hope they have more than a few to send out. I pre-ordered, but not the first day (or even first week). My specific order doesn't have a ship date yet, though.

I know better ones will be out in a year or so (if not months), but I've been waiting for a large-screen e-ink reader for so long, I just caved.
Studio717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:28 PM   #8
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Anyone got a ship/deliver date on their order yet? Or had their credit card tagged?

I ordered within minutes of the page going live on the Amazon website - will post if/when I get any update on my order.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:54 PM   #9
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't have an order date yet, but my 2-year extended warranty says June 10 - June 25. I believe that's similar to the time frame for the K2's extended warranty.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:13 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Sure, now I REALLY want one.

BOb

(Hmm... there is that Birthday money my mom just gave me. )
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #11
sirbruce
Provocateur

The word now is if you order one today, you get an estimated shipping date as if was released on June 10. So it's starting to look like June 10 - 12 for everybody with 2 day shipping or less.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:07 PM   #12
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
this puts me in an annoying position since i'll be moving on the 16th. so not sure which address to deliver it to. was hoping to avoid this.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:11 PM   #13
katysax
Enthusiast
katysax doesn't litterkatysax doesn't litterkatysax doesn't litter

Device: Kindle2, Kindle DX, prs 505
My order was placed on the day the Kindle DX was announced. I just got an email informing me that my DX has an estimated arrival date of June 12.
katysax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:26 PM   #14
b.e.wilson
b.e.wilson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, iPhone (1st gen)
I ordered 21 May; estimated delivery date is 16 June. Did not order 2-day shipping.

EDIT: Changed the order to 2-day shipping; now says delivery on 12 June.

Last edited by b.e.wilson; 06-02-2009 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Updated info
b.e.wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:01 AM   #15
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Device: Various Kindles, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 10.1
Woo-hoo! Just got an email saying estimated delivery date of 11 June!

(I ordered next-day delivery, but I have prime, so it was only $3.99.)
Studio717 is offline   Reply With Quote