Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-06-2014, 10:30 AM   #151
weo
weo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi,

new to Calibre, and new to this forum. And already had the audacity to doubt your plugin :-$

I have tried over and over to get ISBN recognition to work, but always with the same ISBN. As it turns out, the ISBN is valid, but there is some glitch somewhere on the page that seems to puzzle your code.

The ISBN I tried, was 9789055817443. In the log file I find
Quote:
****************************** BOL_NL ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/6.0.472.63 Safari/534.3')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from BOL_NL took 1.60799980164
Querying: http://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekr...questid=136981
BOL_NL url: u'http://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/9789055817443/Ntk/isbncode/Nty/1/N/8299+8293/Ne/8299+8293/search/true/searchType/qck/toonAlle/true/index.html?_requestid=136981'
Could not find title/authors/bol_nl_id for u'http://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/9789055817443/Ntk/isbncode/Nty/1/N/8299+8293/Ne/8299+8293/search/true/searchType/qck/toonAlle/true/index.html?_requestid=136981'
bol_nl_id: u'nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/9789055817443/Ntk/isbncode/Nty/1/N/8299+8293/Ne/8299' Title: u'Irs All Watcher: 007 Het financi\xeble zwarte gat' Authors: []

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 1.67 seconds
The longest time (1.608000) was taken by: BOL_NL
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the worldcat.org service
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
Failed to download metadata for Onbekend
Then it repeats itself for Covers.

Now I do not know why, but I kept on trying with this ISBN. But when I finally set my stubbornness aside, I found that other ISBNs _were_ working!

--> from the same series: 9789055817320, (Irs All Watcher: 006 De financiële snaartheorie)

Could it be the trema on the e messes things up?
from the log above:
Quote:
bol_nl_id: u'nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/9789055817443/Ntk/isbncode/Nty/1/N/8299+8293/Ne/8299' Title: u'Irs All Watcher: 007 Het financi\xeble zwarte gat' Authors: []
Thanks for the plugin, anyways!

Weo
weo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:29 PM   #152
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by weo View Post
Hi,

new to Calibre, and new to this forum. And already had the audacity to doubt your plugin :-$

I have tried over and over to get ISBN recognition to work, but always with the same ISBN. As it turns out, the ISBN is valid, but there is some glitch somewhere on the page that seems to puzzle your code.
Weo
No problem to doubt. At the contrary I like to get comments to make the plugin better.
But in this case the problem is due the missing authors at the website.
For ISBN 9789055817443 there are no authors mentioned at bol. The title and authors are mandatory , so that is why the plugin returns the message.
There is no description either, I noticed.
The other isbn is mentioned with title and authors(... ;-)) (and description), so that gives no problems.
The trema should not be a problem, as far as I know.

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 01-06-2014 at 11:42 PM.
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2014, 10:40 AM   #153
Neptunus
Neptunus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 300
Installed Calibre (32b) on new PC with Windows 8.1. Calibre does work fine but the plugin gives no results. Here is my log:
With Windows 7 (and my old computer), I had no problems
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Running identify query with parameters:
{u'authors': [u'John Grisham'], u'identifiers': {}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'De Deal'}
Using plugins: BOL_NL, Google, Amazon.com
The log from individual plugins is below

Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from BOL_NL took 30.1579999924
Querying: http://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekr...equestid=17572
Plugin BOL_NL failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\identify. py", line 43, in run
File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.__init__", line 228, in identify
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 199, in open_novisit
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 230, in _mech_open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_opener.py", line 193, in open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 344, in _open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 332, in _call_chain
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 1142, in http_open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 1118, in do_open
URLError: <urlopen error timed out>

************************************************** ******************************

****************************** Amazon.com ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from Amazon.com took 30.1080000401
Time-out van Amazon. Probeer later opnieuw.

****************************** Google ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1')]
Found 1 results
Downloading from Google took 178.60800004

---
Title : De deal
Author(s) : John Grisham
Publisher : Centraal Boekhuis
Languages : nld
Published : 2007-08-20T14:36:23.289000+00:00
Identifiers : google:cIRzPQAACAAJ, isbn:9789022993378
Comments : Een Amerikaanse topadvocaat die veroordeeld is tot twintig jaar gevangenisstraf, wordt plotseling na zes jaar vrijgelaten.

The identify phase took 178.64 seconds
The longest time (178.608000) was taken by: Google
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the worldcat.org service
Query to xISBN timed out
We have 1 merged results, merging took: 10.00 seconds
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neptunus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:37 PM   #154
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptunus View Post
Installed Calibre (32b) on new PC with Windows 8.1. Calibre does work fine but the plugin gives no results.
Title : De deal
Author(s) : John Grisham
Publisher : Centraal Boekhuis
Languages : nld
I do not run windows 8 myself, but a quick test on a win8 machine didnot produce any errors.
So for now I cannot reproduce it.
Due to the error-message there is a time out, so the websites takes to long to respond (don 't know why).
There are two points to check , just to be sure :
- first one :deselect show rejected titles in the configuration.
That part of the plugin opens a new window which is not official supported, but it works (not with osX).
-second one: only use the bol_nl plugin and no other ones, just to see if that gives trouble.

If others have to same problem, please let me know. For now I dont know what to fix.'Sorry.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:09 PM   #155
Neptunus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr.BarnArt View Post
I do not run windows 8 myself, but a quick test on a win8 machine didnot produce any errors.
So for now I cannot reproduce it.
Due to the error-message there is a time out, so the websites takes to long to respond (don 't know why).
There are two points to check , just to be sure :
- first one :deselect show rejected titles in the configuration.
That part of the plugin opens a new window which is not official supported, but it works (not with osX).
-second one: only use the bol_nl plugin and no other ones, just to see if that gives trouble.

If others have to same problem, please let me know. For now I dont know what to fix.'Sorry.
Thanks, I deselected the 'whow rejected titles' and only used the nl plugin.

Result:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
calibre, version 1.27.0
FOUT: Geen zoekresultaten gevonden: <p>Geen boeken gevonden voor de zoekopdracht. Probeer de zoekopdracht <b>minder specifiek</b> te maken. Gebruik bijvoorbeeld alleen de achternaam van de auteur of één enkel sleutelwoord uit de titel. Om alle meldingen te zien klikt u op ‘Details tonen’.

{u'authors': [u'David Baldacci'], u'identifiers': {}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Duister Lot'}
Using plugins: BOL_NL

Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from BOL_NL took 30.0390000343
Querying: http://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekr...equestid=17572
Plugin BOL_NL failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\identify. py", line 43, in run
File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.__init__", line 228, in identify
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 199, in open_novisit
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 230, in _mech_open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_opener.py", line 193, in open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 344, in _open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 332, in _call_chain
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 1142, in http_open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 1118, in do_open
URLError: <urlopen error timed out>

The identify phase took 30.07 seconds
The longest time (30.039000) was taken by: BOL_NL
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that, and closing Calibre, I can't connect via any browser to a website
or even this forum. Chrome message is "resolving host" .I had to restart the computer. This only happens with Calibre, when I want to look for meta data.
I have the latest network adapter driver software. I lookud up in Google for the message 'resolving host', I think it has something to do with IP4 and IP6 DNS lookups, but why only with Calibre?

When I start my computer in safe mode (with network connections) calibre and the plugin works fine....

Last edited by Neptunus; 03-12-2014 at 04:08 AM.
Advert
Old 03-12-2014, 01:42 PM   #156
Dompie
Connoisseur
Dompie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura & Kobo Libra
The message "URLError: <urlopen error timed out>" is not a BOL plugin error but an error in your networkconnections.
Pr.BarnArt will never be able to solve this problem.
Dompie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:04 AM   #157
Neptunus

Problem solved. I uninstalled all my drivers and installed all latest drivers (again) from the Gigabyte motherboard support site. Now it works at last.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #158
Wipneus
Connoisseur
Wipneus began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad Pro
There is a problem with the comment when you get it from Bol.com or a problem with calibre. When i search with isbn en title en you get it from Bol.com you get a strange comment with —><p> <br /> <p
Maybe the problem comes after the new update to 1.35 or the problem lies on Bol.com

Normaly there is no problem but now i get this in my comment.

Example: Ian Rankin - Hand & Tand you get this.

>
<!— End Main specs —><p> <br /> <p itemprop="description">Omdat het eerste lichaam in Wolf Street werd gevonden, omdat de moordenaar een beet uit elk lichaam neemt, hebben de kranten een nieuw schrikbeeld: de Wolfman... <br><br>John Rebus wordt beschouwd als expert op het gebied van seriemoordenaars. Hij is naar Londen ontboden om het onderzoek vlot te trekken. George Flight, zijn tegenpool bij Scotland Yard, zit niet te wachten op bemoeials. Rebus moet vechten tegen vooroordelen en een bloeddorstige maniak. Als een aantrekkelijke psychologe hem een profiel van de Wolfman aanreikt, heeft Rebus eindelijk een bondgenoot gevonden. Maar hulp van buiten maakt kwetsbaar voor aanvallen in de rug... <br><br>Ian Rankin (Fife, Schotland, 1960) is een van de beste Britse misdaadauteurs. Hij ontving in 2004 de prestigieuze Diamond Dagger Award, de oeuvreprijs die alleen de grootste crimeschrijvers krijgen. Zijn Rebus-serie verschijnt in vele talen. </p><br /> <br /> <br /> <br><strong>Recencie(s)</strong><br /> <br /> NBD|Biblion recensie<br><br><br />

Even ook in het Nederlands
Er is een probleem of met Bol.com of met Calibre na de update van 1.34 naar 1.35 maar dat weet ik niet precies. Als ik het bovengenoemde boek via isbn en titel bij Bol vandaan haal krijg ik in het commentaar venster van die rare tekens te zien terwijl dit niet bij Bol te zien is.
Wipneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:57 PM   #159
Dompie
Connoisseur
Dompie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura & Kobo Libra
Yes, here the same problem and I am using Calibre 1.20, so it is not a Calibre 1.35 problem. Nooooo the guys of BOL have changed their site again. Naughty boys :-)
Dompie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:58 PM   #160
Wipneus
Connoisseur

Ok thanks. I hope that Pr. Barnart will fix it.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:11 AM   #161
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipneus View Post
Ok thanks. I hope that Pr. Barnart will fix it.
Hi

I will and I did.

They indeed changed some part of their website.
New version 2.4 available at the starttopic of this thread.

Hope that will do.

Enjoy.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:24 AM   #162
Wipneus
Connoisseur

Thanks. The day after i had no problems with Bol anymore. Mayby Bol had changed it self.
I have install the new plugin now.

Super Pr. BarnArt !!!
Old 07-21-2014, 12:25 PM   #163
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

New version 3.0
due to Porting to Qt5 for Calibre 2.0
Old 07-29-2014, 02:23 PM   #164
xx19rx
xx19rx began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
I'm using calibre 1.46 - 64bit version with the 3.0 version of the bol.com plugin
Since i updated the plugin none of the metadata can be found. Everything went well with version 2.4 of this plugin but i can't find that one anymore.

Am i doing something wrong ?

Error below:

#################### Log for De lachvogel ####################
{u'authors': [u'David Sedaris'], u'identifiers': {u'isbn': u'9048818389'}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'De lachvogel'}
Using plugins: BOL_NL

Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1')]
Found 1 results
Downloading from BOL_NL took 1.24000000954

---
Title : De lachvogel
Author(s) : David Sedaris
Publisher : Dutch Media uitgevers
Languages : dut
Rating :
Published : 2013-04-01T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers : isbn:9048818389
Comments : In De lachvogel, David Sedaris’ eerste nieuwe bundel in vijf jaar tijd, neemt de meester van de satire zijn lezers mee op een bizarre wereldreis. Sedaris vertelt over zijn absurde en onvergetelijke belevenissen als nieuwsgierige reiziger: van de chirurgische ingrepen van een Franse parodontoloog tot de eetgewoonten van de Australische lachvogel en van onsmakelijke hurk-wc’s in Beijing tot de vondst van een geprepareerde menselijke onderarm in een opgezette-dierenwinkel in London. Een avontuur om nooit te vergeten!

David Sedaris is een fenomeen: van zijn boeken zijn wereldwijd meer dan een miljoen exemplaren verkocht en met zijn scherpzinnige observaties is hij uitgegroeid tot een van de bekendste humoristen. In 2010 brak hij door in Nederland met Van je familie moet je het hebben. Daarna verschenen Ik mooi praten, Eekhrn zkt eekhrn, 6 tot 8 zwarte mannen, Wanneer je omringd bent door vlammen en Steek je familie in de kleren. In 2011 trad Sedaris als eerste buitenlandse auteur op in Koninklijk Theater Carré en in 2012 was hij te gast bij College Tour. Op 30 september 2013 staat hij wederom in Carré.

‘Ik verslind iedere letter die hij schrijft. Sedaris is de meester!’ Johannes van Dam

‘Hoe overleef ik zonder Sedaris? Oké, niet overdrijven: zonder zijn boeken? Niet!’ Francine Oomen

‘Ik zeg niet snel: “Dit moet je lezen.” Sterker, ik zeg nooit: “Dit moet je lezen.” Maar: Dit móet je lezen!’ Marc-Marie Huijbregts

‘Niemand kan zo grappig (en ontroerend) over zijn oma, de buurvrouw, nudisten, mimespelers en over zichzelf vertellen als David Sedaris’ Aaf Brandt Corstius

‘Soms voel je je een paar dagen, maanden of jaren down. Als het leven ronduit stom is, dan is er altijd nog Sedaris. Want hij vrolijkt op zonder de ellende te ontkennen’ Paulien Cornelisse

‘Wie Sedaris leest, voelt onmiddellijk een hartverwarmende vriendschap. Niet alleen voor de schrijver zelf, maar ook voor zijn hilarisch-neurotische personages. Wat mij betreft is Sedaris een van de geestigste schrijvers van dit moment’ Sylvia Witteman

Recensie(s)

De Amerikaan David Sedaris (1962) is een internationaal bekend auteur die in 2010 in Nederland doorbrak en sindsdien optrad in College Tour en Carré. Hij schrijft met veel subtiele / botte / wrange / zwarte / satirische / sardonische / platte / hilarische humor. In deze verhalen van wisselende lengte gaat het over soms absurde personen en momenten uit zijn leven in Amerika en Europa, reizen naar o.a. China en Australië en op zijn observaties gebaseerde gefingeerde personages en situaties. Lezers hardop laten lachen is een prestatie; Sedaris krijgt het voor elkaar. Middels zijn humor en soms karikaturale schetsen stelt Sedaris allerlei zaken aan de orde, soms luchtig, soms zeer indringend. Thema’s als eenzaamheid, discriminatie, vooroordelen, de gezondheidszorg, internationale verschillen in opvattingen en misconcepties, het leven in zijn algemeenheid en het volwassen en ouder worden. Als je de lachtranen hebt weggeveegd, heeft Sedaris je wel aan het denken gezet. Uitstekend vertaald. Normale druk.

Drs. Catharina B.E. de Koster-Schneider

(source: Bol.com)

BOL_NL url: u'http://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/9048818389/Ntk/isbncode/Nty/1/N/8299+8293/Ne/8299+8293/search/true/searchType/qck/toonAlle/true/index.html?_requestid=136981'

The identify phase took 1.41 seconds
The longest time (1.240000) was taken by: BOL_NL
We have 1 merged results, merging took: 0.52 seconds

****************************** BOL_NL Covers ******************************
Failed to download valid cover
Took 0.697000026703 seconds
No cached cover found, running identify
BOL_NL url: u'http://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/9048818389/Ntk/isbncode/Nty/1/N/8299+8293/Ne/8299+8293/search/true/searchType/qck/toonAlle/true/index.html?_requestid=136981'
No cover found

xx19rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:31 PM   #165
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx19rx View Post
I'm using calibre 1.46 - 64bit version with the 3.0 version of the bol.com plugin
Since i updated the plugin none of the metadata can be found. Everything went well with version 2.4 of this plugin but i can't find that one anymore.
doing something wrong ?
Hey, thank you.
I Will check this. As far as I can see there is a discription, but no cover after a search.