Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-23-2020, 05:26 PM   #46
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
We've finished S6 of Brokenwood and I'll again recommend it to Midsomer fans. The cases involve a steampunk festival, an author's book signing attended by several of the main characters including one of Mike's ex-wives, a duck hunting club headed by Don Ducker, and the local women's prison featuring some perps from earlier cases. Gina the Russian pathologist has some hilarious lines.

Tonight we're starting the new season of Better Call Saul...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:35 AM   #47
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Shtisel

I've been watching the Israeli TV series Shtisel on Netflix for a couple of weeks. It's two seasons with 12 episodes in each, mostly in Hebrew, a little Yiddish with English titles. Very different. Family drama with a lot of humor in the writing. I have five episodes left in season 2. I watched Unorthodox a few weeks ago, which was not at all like this one. Shtisel is so much better and some of the characters are likeable (in Unorthodox I didn't like any of the men -- they were all stereotypes).

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/21/a...sultPosition=2

I loved Line of Duty on Acorn. Watched months ago and binged a bit. So many seasons and episodes.

I was watching some Inspector Lynley for a while. Will get back to it at some point.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2020, 01:07 PM   #48
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Just started 'Gangs of London' which I doubt I will persevere with; it is too 'by the numbers' and formulaic. Plus one of the main 'stars' couldn't act his way out of a paper bag!
Also giving 'Code 404' a go. Comedy drama that sort of crosses Robocop with Randall and Hopkirk (deceased). Not great but I smiled a couple of times, may stick with it.Each episode is only 25 minutes so its no marathon to complete the six episodes!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 04:48 PM   #49
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I've just finished season 20 of Midsomer Murders. I really like the new pathologist, Fleur Perkins. I think she's also in season 21, I hope she'll become a long time regular.

I'm going to continue with Midsomer until I'm caught up, one episode a night. But I'm also in the mood for something weird and/or spooky. So at Hitch's recommendation I'm going to give Diableros on Netflix a try.

Last weekend I stayed with my sister, we watched a bunch of things, but I like Netflix's The Willoughbies best, I think. Don't watch it if you like your story to slowly unfold. It fast and furious with some adult humour sprinkled it. The parents reminded me of my uncle (that uncle) and his ex wife when they were raising my cousins; to busy with themselves and each other to care much about their children.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X704F using Tapatalk
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:37 PM   #50
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We've finished the latest seasons of Bosch and Better Call Saul, then S2 of Blood on Acorn, now halfway through S2 of Keeping Faith (Eve Myles). Blood and KF are kind of heavy so I think next we'll watch the Miss Fisher Crypt of Tears movie.

I'm also halfway through the Inspector Montalbano book series - fun reads and storytelling that really paints a picture of offbeat Sicilian characters and culture. I heard the TV adaptation was good too but unfortunately my wife hates subtitles...
Advert
Old 05-04-2020, 08:10 PM   #51
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

I have Amazon, Hulu and Acorn - NFLX doesn't have that much that interests me - Stranger Things, but I have no problem waiting until I can borrow the DVDs from my library. But if I did have NFLX I would definitely be watching the new season of Last Kingdom...
Old 05-05-2020, 04:59 AM   #52
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Last night I started Netflix's Hollywood. It's good, not great, but good enough to keep watching. Netflix has released of lot of possibly interesting thing lately, so I need to do some work to get my watchlist back to a reasonable length.
Old 05-08-2020, 01:20 AM   #53
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Started watching Srugim Wednesday. Two 30-min. episodes tops per night for me. Some call it an Israeli "Friends" and I was not a Friends fan. It's kind of fun though. At my age I do not identify with all these 30-somethings.

I still have a lot of episodes of Inspector Lynley to watch. I've been watching a little too much news. Want to know what's going on but not to become obsessed.

I caught up with World on Fire this week on PBS. Keeping up with Call the Midwife, as I always do.

Last edited by mlewis78; 05-08-2020 at 01:23 AM.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:03 AM   #54
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Earlier this week I started with season 3 of The 100. It's not a series I can binge one season after another, I need to be in the mood for it. But right now I'm enjoying it.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:30 AM   #55
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Keeping Faith S2 was good. Also finished the Miss Fisher movie - pretty much what you'd expect if you watched the TV series; What To Do When Someone Dies with Anna Friel - I thought OK but DW didn't like; and Deadwater Fell - OK but not on a par with Broadchurch by a long shot.
Old 05-11-2020, 04:43 AM   #56
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Abandoned 'Gangs of London' and 'Code 404' as both were (IMO) rubbish! But am working through a Spanish series called 'Money Heist' which is both gripping and totally ridiculous! An eight person gang, led by the ninth person known as 'The Professor' are robbing the Spanish Royal Mint!(In series 1 and 2) Then in Series 3 and 4 they go on to rob the Bank of Spain!
Available subtitled or dubbed, I prefer the subtitled version myself; I like to hear the actual voices of the actors,rather than some bland generic 'actor' in a sound studio. Only a few episodes left to watch and this is a good enough way to pass some 'lockdown tiime' for me!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 06:47 AM   #57
mlewis78
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Last night I started Netflix's Hollywood. It's good, not great, but good enough to keep watching. Netflix has released of lot of possibly interesting thing lately, so I need to do some work to get my watchlist back to a reasonable length.
I started Hollywood this week. Going to start episode 6 on Monday or Tuesday. Still watching Srugim and pretty close to the end of the first of three seasons.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:12 AM   #58
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by timebug View Post
Abandoned 'Gangs of London' and 'Code 404' as both were (IMO) rubbish! But am working through a Spanish series called 'Money Heist' which is both gripping and totally ridiculous! An eight person gang, led by the ninth person known as 'The Professor' are robbing the Spanish Royal Mint!(In series 1 and 2) Then in Series 3 and 4 they go on to rob the Bank of Spain!
I quite enjoyed 'Code 404' but couldn't get into 'Gangs of London' at all. My son keeps telling me that 'Money Heist' is really good so I may well try that soon.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 02:26 PM   #59
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I'm still watching the third season of The 100.

I stayed at my sister's place over the weekend and we watched the second film in the Fantastic Beasts series, which was okay. And King of Thieves (about the Hatton Garden Heist), which was very entertaining.

I'm going to stay with her again next week, during the bank holiday. We've decided to watch some musicals. On our list of possibilities are Hairspray (both old and new version), Les Miserable, Footloose, The Phantom of the Opera, Little Shop of Horrors, La La Land and A Star is Born. Some I have, others I have to check if and where they are available on streaming.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:15 AM   #60
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

We've finished My Life is Murder - not great but fun to see Lucy Lawless back in action - and Doc Martin S9 which I thought was one of the best. Great balance of roles, too much Joe in recent seasons IMO, more for the adorable, underused Morwena this time. Ended on a cliffhanger so hopefully a S10 next year.

Next up will probably be Queens of Mystery or Winter.