Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > ePub Books (offline)

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Kjelgaard, Jim: Big Red. v2. 13 Oct 2011

My first contribution to the library; I hope it passes muster.

Jim Kjelgaard was one of the very first authors that I ever went looking for, and Big Red was the first of his stories that I read. I hesitate to call it Young Adult, but Children seem to be too young. Many of Jim's works were serialized in 'Boys Life' magazine (the magazine of the Boy Scouts of America) in the '50s.

It is the story of a teenage boy, living with his dad in the wilderness, who finds a most remarkable dog, and, in taking care of the dog, grows into a man.

If I can get permission from the artist, I will add the illustrations which came along with the scans. They are also wonderful.

v2 uploaded. Added in-line Contents, and made style sheet consistent with Irish Red and Outlaw Red. - 13 Oct 2011

Last edited by pholy; 10-13-2011 at 08:22 PM.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
This brings back memories. Growing up, I read all the Jim Kjelgaard books. Thanks, pholy!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
Geyer
Geyer is no ebook tyro.Geyer is no ebook tyro.Geyer is no ebook tyro.Geyer is no ebook tyro.Geyer is no ebook tyro.Geyer is no ebook tyro.Geyer is no ebook tyro.Geyer is no ebook tyro.Geyer is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Clie, Sony Reader 300, iPod Touch, Kindle Fire, Nexus 7 2013
Thank you for posting this! I read all the author's books I could find, both fiction and nonfiction, when I was a kid. I remember "Hi Jolly" being the first I'd heard about the U.S. Camel Corps.

--Chris
Geyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:46 PM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
As I recall Disney made a movie version of this story starring Walter Pigeon. They changed a few details around of course.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote