Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #106
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I don't have an iRiver Story, so I don't know how the file structure works, but is it possible that there's a recycle bin anywhere that could be storing your deleted files? If you find that and empty it, you should get your space back. Just an idea, I don't have ANY reader yet, so I'm not sure if that's a possibility or not.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:32 PM   #107
ischeriad
Connoisseur
ischeriad began at the beginning.

Device: PB Pro 903, Kobo Touch [Past: Story, Clié N770C, SL-10, Palm IIIxe, V]
Maybe a problem of the desktop OS.

MacOS X keeps the Trash on the respective volume, for example.

The Story has no recycle bin I am aware of.
ischeriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 11:28 AM   #108
RedHeadPeter
Enthusiast
RedHeadPeter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedHeadPeter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedHeadPeter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Bebook
Windows is very inconsistent about the way it uses the recycle bin. If you right click recycle bin on your desktop (this is in XP) and select properties you will see you can set it to treat all drives the same, or set properties independently. I know there is a process to turn the recycle bin off on individual drives. Just can't find it right now.
RedHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:52 AM   #109
Leoric1991
Leoric1991 began at the beginning.

Device: Iriver Story
Hey guys thanks for answering, the strange thing is I can see the recycle bin on the actual Iriver story but when i connect it to the computer I try to find it even by "show hidden files", still there's no trace of it.
Leoric1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:53 AM   #110
Bryn601
Bryn601 began at the beginning.

Iriver Case

Hello All

I have the BookArmor (tm) Delta 6 Edition High Impact Travel Case for iRiver Story eReader from Amazon. Very sturdy case, has metal and plastic plates, not too bulky and really seems to protect it. One minor point being, that the case doesn't allow easy access to the mini-usb / SDHC card as the zip gets in the way. Been reading thru the posts, really useful stuff - thankyou.

Bryn
Bryn601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2010, 11:57 PM   #111
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Iriver Story should have for reading pdf documents is 'fit width' and 'fit height' options. What they have now is just fit screen (which tries to stretch to fit both width AND height).

Hope this will be implemented in a future firmware update. But I'm not holding my breath.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:38 AM   #112
rwst
Enthusiast
rwst solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.rwst solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.rwst solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.rwst solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.rwst solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.rwst solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.rwst solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.rwst solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.rwst solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.rwst solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.rwst solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoric1991 View Post
Hey guys thanks for answering, the strange thing is I can see the recycle bin on the actual Iriver story but when i connect it to the computer I try to find it even by "show hidden files", still there's no trace of it.
do not use the finder, use the console for deleting (rm -r .Trash etc.). I haven't tried it myself though
rwst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:17 AM   #113
angelad
Groupie
angelad is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenapple View Post
Iriver Story should have for reading pdf documents is 'fit width' and 'fit height' options. What they have now is just fit screen (which tries to stretch to fit both width AND height).

Hope this will be implemented in a future firmware update. But I'm not holding my breath.
They will keep that for the next release of the unit, so people buy more
angelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:12 PM   #114
Fastbob
Fastbob began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Story
Leather casing

Quote:
Originally Posted by holleboom View Post
I just received my brown leather case. It fits perfectly, and it has a small hinge into which you can click the Story. There's also a small extrude on the left side of the cover which protects the screen. I found a short movie demonstrating the iRiver Story in it's case: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrPDsDCcBkw&fmt=22
Hi Holleboom,
May I ask where you bought the leather casing for the Iriver?
I assume you are dutch so it can not be that hard to buy it myself here in Holland too

Regards,
Fastbob
Fastbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:43 AM   #115
ikan kona
ikan kona began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story
Unhappy general problems

I updated to the 1.61 and like the reflow and really dislike the corner zoom, but from a developers point of view, I understand the problems.

Most of mine ebooks are pdf, and if I can use reflow on them it really works nice, but there are really big problems.

Problems to consider:

1. The Zoom with the four steps, should be possible to customize in settings, so I would be able to have it on medium/sec.medium/high as my own customized standard.

2. Zoom in both versions does not work in landscape mode. Why?

3. The corner Zoom has to be easier in functionality, (sorry but to 80es software engineer loves his idea)

4. When I have a book on my SD card and read in it, the Story does not save my Reflow and Zoom settings, this means that i every time I read a book from my SD card have to inter the settings once more. (sorry but that's really crappy)

5. Why does the Story not recognize any book in the book section when i only have my books on a SD card, should recognize them. (have my books on diffrent SD cards, categorized)
This means that each time re-inter another SD card it shall remember where i was in the book and what Reflow/zoom i had, otherwise it wont be real to call it an expansion possibility.

6. The Reflow display some pdf, very weird, exampled under:

Fred is fat and lives in a shel
ter while eating fish with his toes, and usually he sleeps with fresh herring under his pillow.
Unfortunate for the other resi
dents in the shelter, he is resisting any fish related arguments.

So it breaks the lines in some words, this is really not acceptable, please fix it.

7. Must agree with critics that it is cheap not to deliver a cover with the story.

8. There should be a possibility to set the story, to re-inter directly into the book you just read last time, so you dont have to g0 through the menu every time.

9. I can not bookmark pages in pdf's.

10. Recent book, should be resent books, if you are reading several at the time.
ikan kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #116
pettsson48
Lasse
pettsson48 began at the beginning.

Thanks Caxandra from me also. I just bought a "Story" and failed to get it to work with books from the library. But thanks to You it is now solved. After updating the firmware from Canman the problem was solved. I can start reading my Ann Heberlein. Tack.

Last edited by pettsson48; 03-15-2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Too short to be understandable.
pettsson48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:06 PM   #117
Rencee
Rencee began at the beginning.

Hello,

Im experiencing the same problem like people around post 60. I just got my iriver today, upgraded to the latest firmware, bc noone told me I should do it step by step. So i did it, and since then the device wont turn on. The loading screen turns on after i do a reset, but before it should load up it starts and do nothing from then. I tried several times, connected it reconnected it. Nothing...Shall I just return it? I dont want to have the same problems with the next one.
Rencee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:44 PM   #118
Jazzgooner
Jazzgooner began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pettsson48 View Post
Thanks Caxandra from me also. I just bought a "Story" and failed to get it to work with books from the library. But thanks to You it is now solved. After updating the firmware from Canman the problem was solved. I can start reading my Ann Heberlein. Tack.
Hi everyone,

Sorry to keep on with this problem but despite upgrading to 1.61 I still can't read (Singapore National) library books.
Can someone perhaps do a walkthrough to assist as I'm getting desperate. Fireforce who had the same problem declared that with 1.61 the problem was solved but I still get the dreaded "Failed to open file" message
I download the time limited drm books from the library, they appear in my Adobe Digital library, I copy from Adobe Digital Collection to my Story, then the same error message appears.
Am I doing anything wrong here?

I would really appreciate anyone's help as the library was my main reason for getting an ebook reader. When I see that others have managed, it makes me want to tear out my hair (except there's none left!)

Thanks folks
Jazzgooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:41 AM   #119
fireforce
iRiver Story
fireforce began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Story
Jazzgooner,

I'm assuming you have updated to firmware 1.61 without any problems.
To check, press the [MENU] button, scroll down to SYSTEM INFORMATION and press ENTER. It should say Firmware: 1.61

Have you set the time and date on your iRiver Story correctly?
[MENU] -> [Date&Time]

Also check date & time for your computer. It initially did not work until I set the date & time on my reader, reset the device, re-copied the library books into the reader, and then it worked!!!

Good Luck!!!
fireforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:58 AM   #120
Jazzgooner
Jazzgooner began at the beginning.

Hi Fireforce,
Thanks for taking the time to help me out but still no change. The date & time were correct, except that I changed am/pm but I still get the same error message. So frustrating.

I'll just have to hope the next firmware cures the problem. Sigh
Jazzgooner is offline   Reply With Quote