Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-18-2019, 12:10 PM   #3061
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Note that there are various little low-level things that may only behave properly if Nickel has been started at least once in that power cycle.

The most visible example we have right now would be rotation events on the Forma, but I'm fairly sure there's a few power-management related things at play, too...
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:06 PM   #3062
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
It may have been over a year since I last started nickel, (to check something out). I launch KOReader from KSM every day, without starting Nickel. It is possible that some feature, that I never use, suffers an effect that I am unaware of.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:03 AM   #3063
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I have no idea when I last started Nickel. (Okay, technically yesterday but that was by accident. I mean on purpose.)
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:33 PM   #3064
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Well, I don't start it at all (not that prone to accidents ).
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:49 AM   #3065
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I never changed the KSM default to auto-start it after 20 seconds, so I suppose oversight would be more appropriate than accident.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:43 PM   #3066
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Onyx Air2&Nova 3C,Kindle oasis1,Kobo Forma,iPad pro 12.9&9.7,and more.
Could you please let me know how to return back a status bar? It disappeared and I am not able to make it visible again.
hel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:53 PM   #3067
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Lower right corner toggles mini status bar. Full status bar seems to be dependent on file type and can then be found on a tab in the lower menu.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:23 PM   #3068
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Onyx Air2&Nova 3C,Kindle oasis1,Kobo Forma,iPad pro 12.9&9.7,and more.
Thank you Markismus, I found it appearing back today. And I found that it toggles on/off by press at the bottom of the screen, not left or right corner ))) mystery is solved.

Last edited by hel; 03-09-2019 at 12:17 PM.
hel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:58 AM   #3069
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Lower right corner toggles mini status bar. Full status bar seems to be dependent on file type and can then be found on a tab in the lower menu.
bottom corners enable/disable backlight and blue light filter.

left = light on/off
right = blue light filter on/off
CH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:38 AM   #3070
Frenzie
Wizard

By default the bottom left corner toggles the frontlight and the bottom right I'm fairly sure does nothing, but there is a right-hand swipe type action for "natural light" control.

You can customize the bottom corner actions in tools (gear) → Taps & gestures → Gesture manager.

The frontlight gesture controller plugin can also be enabled or disabled in the taps & gestures menu.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:14 AM   #3071
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
I did find yesterday that in the newest version the bottom right didn't work anymore for the mini bar. It appears that depending on model and koreader version the gestures are rather different.
Thanks for pointing out how to re-enable this feature.

EDIT: With the latest version the mini bar toggle is indeed at the lower middle for the Glo. (Cracked the screen of my H2O. )However, I couldn’t find the option to in gesture manager. No bar mentioned at all.

Last edited by Markismus; 03-19-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:00 PM   #3072
petrovich
Connoisseur
petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: none
Hello!

I'm trying to run Koreader on Forma, and my main issue is page taps. I always read holding device by my left hand, and thus paging it with my left thumb. However, on this tap Koreader pages back. Customizing it with "left bottom tap" to "page forward" doesn't seem to work(actually as well as any customization of two bottom taps), it still pages back. If I take Forma with my right hand though, then it perfectly pages forward with the right hand thumb. I'd appreciate any advice, since right now it's a showstopper for me. TIA.

One more question –– is there any way to exit Koreader without rebooting nickel? I've installed it using NiLuJe's Koreader plus Plato bunch(i.e., with kfmon). Is there any way to fix this reboot issue without reinstalling Koreader with KSM? If I can tweak the paging issue with some cfg changes, then this reboot issue makes each testing a rather heavy procedure

Thanks again.
petrovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:28 PM   #3073
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@petrovich: Err, what do you mean, exactly, by exiting without rebooting nickel?

You'd be exiting into an unresponsive blank screen if we weren't restarting nickel .

(i.e., need some clarification as to what you're *trying*/*wanting* to do, vs. what you're *assuming* is happening. I'm thinking you're in fact looking for the "Restart KOReader" menu entry, instead of Exit. In current releases, I don't think there's anything left that actually requires a full Exit > Start cycle to "take", "Restart" does the job properly).

Back to the page turns: I have a Forma-specific, but utterly simple solution: use the pageturn buttons instead of screen taps . There's an option in Gear > Screen to invert the buttons.

Barring that, inverting the tapzones ought to be possible through a defaults override, but I've personally never played with tap zones. There's been a few posts on the subject over here recently.

Sidebar: In the next release, stuff is going to be drastically faster on every device out there when they're used without any rotation. (That'd be buttons on the right on the Forma. Sorry, lefties ).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-01-2019 at 06:34 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 02:50 AM   #3074
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovich View Post
Hello!

I'm trying to run Koreader on Forma, and my main issue is page taps. I always read holding device by my left hand, and thus paging it with my left thumb. However, on this tap Koreader pages back. Customizing it with "left bottom tap" to "page forward" doesn't seem to work(actually as well as any customization of two bottom taps), it still pages back. If I take Forma with my right hand though, then it perfectly pages forward with the right hand thumb. I'd appreciate any advice, since right now it's a showstopper for me. TIA.

Thanks again.
@petrovich - On my Kobo H2O and my Pocketbook Touch HD, I have created a persistent default lua in which most of the bottom half of the reader has touch set to go forward, and most of the top half has touch set to go back (I have a small neutral zone in the middle). Is this the sort of thing you are after?

My changed settings are:
DTAP_ZONE_FORWARD = {x = 0.1, y = 0.5, w = 1, h = .49}
DTAP_ZONE_BACKWARD = {x = 0.1, y = 0.1, w = 1, h = 0.4}
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 07:13 AM   #3075
Frenzie
Wizard

I don't think anybody ever announces these on the forum.

v2019.04

Last edited by Frenzie; 04-06-2019 at 07:14 AM. Reason: image doesn't resize to fit