Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-18-2022, 03:18 PM   #121
joeychan
joeychan began at the beginning.

Device: Macbook
Blank Pages

Thank you for writing such a useful plugin. It used it some time last year and it helped me read some course textbooks more easily. When I was trying it again just now with either a new textbook I got from Fernwood or a test acsm book I got from Adobe's test library, both ended up giving me pdfs with the right number of pages but blank pages. I use Mac 10.14.6. I am unable to DM you so I've attached my log.txt to this post. Hope you could shed some light on how I can make it work for me. Thanks so much for your time.
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt (3.2 KB, 128 views)
joeychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 11:36 PM   #122
joeychan
joeychan began at the beginning.

Device: Macbook
I had it sorted out! Thanks for your time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychan View Post
Thank you for writing such a useful plugin. It used it some time last year and it helped me read some course textbooks more easily. When I was trying it again just now with either a new textbook I got from Fernwood or a test acsm book I got from Adobe's test library, both ended up giving me pdfs with the right number of pages but blank pages. I use Mac 10.14.6. I am unable to DM you so I've attached my log.txt to this post. Hope you could shed some light on how I can make it work for me. Thanks so much for your time.
joeychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2022, 02:47 AM   #123
Anne-Marie
Anne-Marie began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus
problem with plugin report

calibre, version 5.35.0
ERROR: Install plugin failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 712, in _install_clicked
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 476, in add_plugin
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 64, in load_plugin
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 282, in load
File "zipfile.py", line 1251, in __init__
OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument: 'C:\\Users\\agmcd\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_j 4kznjag\\h4xp1pnm.zip'
Anne-Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 03:45 PM   #124
sandyworm
sandyworm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Changing Adobe ID

How would I reset the plugin to remove a previously set Adobe ID? Thanks.
sandyworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 04:03 PM   #125
sandyworm
sandyworm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyworm View Post
How would I reset the plugin to remove a previously set Adobe ID? Thanks.
It's OK, I did it.

Remove the folder Account under:

C:\Users\######\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\De ACSM
sandyworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2022, 08:53 PM   #126
Penny_Dreadful
She/Her
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leseratte_10 View Post
J"LoanReturn" is a request that ADE sends when you return a loaned book to the library. When you download an EPUB or PDF from a library using v0.0.9 or newer of this plugin, it will create a loan record in the plugin settings. In the plugin settings there's a new button "Show loaned books", which will show you a list of all books you got from a library (only where the loan period isn't over yet), and allows you to "return" the books to the library, just like the "return book" option in ADE would, so another person can get the book from the library.

This plug-in is so useful. Can we get a toolbar icon for the return feature? I use it a fair bit and having an easier way to get there would be great. Thanks Leseratte_10.
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 08:25 AM   #127
motherat
Enthusiast
motherat began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke2
This is completely amazing. ADE has always felt like a tacked-on extra step when using Calibre, and this plugin essentially frees us of it. Brilliant. This is how things should be. Thank you!
motherat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 11:18 AM   #128
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny_Dreadful View Post
This plug-in is so useful. Can we get a toolbar icon for the return feature? I use it a fair bit and having an easier way to get there would be great. Thanks Leseratte_10.
Whoops, I seem to have missed that post.

I'm not sure how easy that would be. I did look into that a while ago (with the intention of just allowing to right-click on a book to return it through the context menu) but it looks like FileTypePlugins are not allowed to have menu items so I would need to write a combined plugin including one FileTypePlugin and one InterfacePlugin; so I would first need to look into how that all works.

I'll add it to my to-do list, but before I tackle that, I want to finish the Python2 support (Calibre < 5) which I started working on in January - unfortunately I didn't have much time for this plugin in the last two months, but I'm hoping that that'll change soon.
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 07:53 PM   #129
jbas007
jbas007 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Quote:
I had it sorted out! Thanks for your time!
I'm having this same problem. Could you please share how you fixed it?
jbas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 09:36 PM   #130
Penny_Dreadful
She/Her
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leseratte_10 View Post
Whoops, I seem to have missed that post.

I'm not sure how easy that would be. I did look into that a while ago (with the intention of just allowing to right-click on a book to return it through the context menu) but it looks like FileTypePlugins are not allowed to have menu items so I would need to write a combined plugin including one FileTypePlugin and one InterfacePlugin; so I would first need to look into how that all works.

I'll add it to my to-do list, but before I tackle that, I want to finish the Python2 support (Calibre < 5) which I started working on in January - unfortunately I didn't have much time for this plugin in the last two months, but I'm hoping that that'll change soon.

😊 Yeah that sounds a bit more complicated than I'd realised, thanks for sticking it on the to-do later list.

Thank for the work you've done on this it really has made my workflow better!
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 11:39 AM   #131
ThatsANovelIdea
ThatsANovelIdea began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Hello! Thank you for the plugin. A few questions:

Quote:
If you have ADE installed and activated, you can click "Import activation from ADE" to import the activation from Adobe Digital Editions.
If I do this, can I use the plugin AND Adobe Digital Editions, together and on the same computer, with no issues? Or would you plugin "steal" the activation away from Adobe Digital Editions somehow? Would having and authorizing in both count as multiple authorizations (even though they're on the same computer)?

Quote:
Once you activated the plugin using one of the four methods, click "Export account activation data" and save the data somewhere. Make enough backups of this, if you have an anonymous authorization you'll need this to restore the data if you reinstall your OS or move to another computer. If you are using an AdobeID, you can use this data to restore the activation without using another one of your available authorizations.
Do you happen to know if the same can be done in Adobe Digital Editions, or if it can't be done in the Adobe Digital Editions GUI, then if there's a way to do the equivalent of what your plugin does for exporting account activation data? Just curious in case I decide to start of with Adobe Digital Editions first and then use the plugin later.

Quote:
If you're using Apprentice Harper's original version of the DeDRM plugin, click "Export account encryption key" and import that file into the DeDRM settings. If you're using noDRM's new forked version of the plugin, you can skip this step as this will happen automatically (thanks noDRM!)
Same question as above.

Thank you for any help and insight you can provide!
ThatsANovelIdea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 03:30 PM   #132
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Is it possible to import multiple ADE authorizations into the plugin (perhaps from multiple .der files)? Once I import one, I don't have the ability to import another.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 10:31 AM   #133
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsANovelIdea View Post
If I do this, can I use the plugin AND Adobe Digital Editions, together and on the same computer, with no issues? Or would you plugin "steal" the activation away from Adobe Digital Editions somehow? Would having and authorizing in both count as multiple authorizations (even though they're on the same computer)?
If you import an authorization from an existing ADE into this plugin, you can use both the plugin and ADE with the same authorization and it'll only count as one. Though, I would suggest not using the plugin and ADE at the same time (so, fully close / exit ADE before importing a file into Calibre) so Adobe doesn't notice two connections at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsANovelIdea View Post
Do you happen to know if the same can be done in Adobe Digital Editions, or if it can't be done in the Adobe Digital Editions GUI, then if there's a way to do the equivalent of what your plugin does for exporting account activation data? Just curious in case I decide to start of with Adobe Digital Editions first and then use the plugin later.
There is no official way to export activation data from ADE, since Adobe wants you to re-authorize the computer instead of importing a backup. But of course you can first clone the ADE authorization into the Plugin, and then export the activation data backup from the plugin. There's just no way (yet?) to import such a backup file back into ADE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLessnau View Post
Is it possible to import multiple ADE authorizations into the plugin (perhaps from multiple .der files)? Once I import one, I don't have the ability to import another.
No, right now this is not possible. You can import one ADE authorization, and that'll be the one that'll be used to fulfill future ACSM imports. What would be the use case for this? Do you actually have multiple ADE accounts and want to import some files into one account and some into another? It's on my to-do list, but it needs to be implemented carefully and with enough warnings so people don't end up accidentally linking an ACSM to the wrong account.
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 02:51 PM   #134
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
My desire for having the plugin handle multiple ADE authorizations is purely for convenience. I'm the one who does all the Calibre stuff for my wife and me. In a couple of instances, she actually bought a book and authorized it with her account. For those rare instances when she does that, it might be nice to be able to go through her account in our one instance of Calibre instead of my finagling with her computer and stuff. So, it's not all that important (and, as you said, it could easily lead to people linking a book to the wrong account). I was just wondering if I missed something.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 02:52 PM   #135
ThatsANovelIdea
ThatsANovelIdea began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Leseratte, does your plugin emulate or try to emulate any call-homes to Adobe that Adobe does in the actual Adobe Digital Editions program (beyond anything specifically for initial authentication and maybe online library checkout stuff)?

Like, sending logs to Adobe's server about what other books from other places or that are DRM-Free that you have, sending unnecessary extra data in an attempt to "market" to the user with ads, sending info to Google Analytics about your books and use of them or your computer as a whole, etc?

I might upset some of the people who get annoyed anytime privacy is brought up with those questions, but I hope you don't take offence to questions like these as I truly do appreciate you putting out a tool like this for the community! Just wondering how closely, if at all, it tries to emulate what Adobe does in this area.
ThatsANovelIdea is offline   Reply With Quote