Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 01-18-2022, 11:59 AM   #1
rambelam
rambelam began at the beginning.

Device: none
audible requirements

Hi I"m new to recording audio books, though I have done voice over work and music recording for over 20 years.

My questions are... I know the finished volume needs to be between -18 dbrms and -23 dbrms. Is that a ,b or c weighted? Or no weighting?

Same for noise floor? -60 db rms ( a b or c weighted?)

Then what if 85%-90% is between -18 dbrms and -23 dbrms but here and there is a word that's above or below?

And is it better to have the finished product peaking @ -3 dbfs, and averaging -18dbrms to -23 dbrms with little brick wall limiting and more dynamics, or peaking at -5dbfs- -8 dbfs with 5-7 db of gain reduction from the brickwall limiter, creating less dynamics.
thanks
rambelam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 05:43 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Depends who you are uploading to. Contact them.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote