Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-23-2023, 04:52 PM   #1
Trimbuk2
Trimbuk2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2007, Android(Huawei)
Question No devices can be connected to calibre

hello!

apparently something moved, Calibre no longer allows me to connect to it, neither by Cc, nor from the USB cable.

I enter the IP and the port to Cc and it tells me that it can't find it, I try to connect to the Content Server from the cell phone and it doesn't connect either (I borrowed a Kindle and it doesn't connect to the Content Server either), but the Content Server does open on the computer where Calibre is running.

When I connect the cell phone via USB cable to the computer, Calibre recognizes it, starts to do its tasks, manages to get information from the device, manages to set library information, but, when performing the task "get list of books on the device", it comes out error and throws this message:

calibre, version 6.11.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with the device

C:\rc:707:Cannot write to file:[hr=0x802a0006 wCode=0] Cannot determine the requested value.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibregui2device.py", line 88, in run.
File "calibregui2device.py", line 540, in _books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 219, in books
File "calibre\devices\mtpp\driver.py", line 191, in get_driveinfo
File "calibre\devices\mtpdriver.py", line 181, in _update_drive_info
File "calibre\devices\mtpdriver.py", line 152, in put_calibre_file
File "calibre\devices\mtpp\windows\driver.py", line 35, in check_thread
File "calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 444, in put_file
wpd.WPDError: C:\rc\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_ enumeration.cpp:707:Cannot write to file:[hr=0x802a0006 wCode=0] Cannot determine the requested value.

I am currently using Win10 Pro 21H2 x64 (Build 19044 2486) and Calibre 6.11.

these are some of the actions I have performed (unsuccessfully) waiting for the communication to calibre via USB to be achieved

I have already deleted the books I had in the folder where it was usually synchronized.
I have already renamed the folder and made the change in Calibre to save them in the new folder (both inside the internal memory and in the micro SD memory of the device).
I have already created a new folder to sync the books in it (I have also made the change inside the device menu in calibre).

if after throwing the error I try to synchronise a book by sending it to the mobile (the configuration is to send it to the internal memory) I get this error:

C:\rc:616:Failed to create folder:[hr=0x802a0006 wCode=0] Unable to determine the requested value.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibregui2device.py", line 88, in run
File "calibregui2device.py", line 620, in _upload_books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 428, in upload_books
File "calibre\devices\mtpp\driver.py", line 404, in ensure_parent
File "calibre\devices\mtpp\windows\driver.py", line 35, in check_thread
File "calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 409, in create_folder
wpd.WPDError: C:\rc:616:Failed to create folder:[hr=0x802a0006 wCode=0] Cannot determine the requested value.

I've noticed that when Calibre is running the "Get list of books on device" task it tries to read folders like "Contacts, or Huawei" and these are not even checked or enabled to search for books in the device settings menu in calibre.

reading the errors I can't seem to get access to write to the device, does anyone know what I need to do to get everything back to working as it did a few weeks ago?:ayudar:
Trimbuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 08:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That is an error communicating with the device. Usually, this kind of error can be fixed by
following the steps below in sequence. First:

1) Try rebooting both the device and your computer
2) If that does not work, find the files driveinfo.calibre and metadata.calibre on the device
and delete them (you can use Windows Explorer or a file manager on the device itself to do this)
3) Reset the device

If none of those work, you can use one of the wireless communication methods described here:
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...kindle-fire-hd '''),
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2023, 09:37 PM   #3
Trimbuk2
Trimbuk2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2007, Android(Huawei)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That is an error communicating with the device. Usually, this kind of error can be fixed by
following the steps below in sequence. First:

1) Try rebooting both the device and your computer
2) If that does not work, find the files driveinfo.calibre and metadata.calibre on the device
and delete them (you can use Windows Explorer or a file manager on the device itself to do this)
3) Reset the device

If none of those work, you can use one of the wireless communication methods described here:
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...kindle-fire-hd '''),

Hello!

thanks for the support, I deleted both files and managed to continue, after a few hundred books I eventually got the error again and had to delete the two files from the device again, but if you connect the device via ftp even if you get an error, you can continue synchronising.

:Gracias:
Trimbuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre 6.11, calibre companion, cannot write to file, error, failed to create folder