Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-18-2019, 07:47 PM   #1
Redtinkle
Redtinkle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Bricked Aura Edition 2

Hi people, as you all seem to be way smarter than I am I am hoping you can help me with my problem.
I purchased a Kobo Aura Edition 2 in February this year, I opened the unit and installed XCSoar software and hardwired a BlueFlyVario_TTL_GPS_v12 for use in hang gliding. I also updated the firmware.
My problem was caused when I enabled USB-OTG. The result is now the unit appears to be Bricked.
Is there anyway to recover the unit or is it terminal?
Thankyou in advance.
Redtinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:06 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
You might want to ask this question in the Kobo Developer's Forum.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=247
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2019, 06:58 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtinkle View Post
Hi people, as you all seem to be way smarter than I am I am hoping you can help me with my problem.
I purchased a Kobo Aura Edition 2 in February this year, I opened the unit and installed XCSoar software and hardwired a BlueFlyVario_TTL_GPS_v12 for use in hang gliding. I also updated the firmware.
My problem was caused when I enabled USB-OTG. The result is now the unit appears to be Bricked.
Is there anyway to recover the unit or is it terminal?
What firmware did you update to? If it is still running the underlying Kobo firmware, then a factory reset might get it working. The instructions for this are in the Wiki. Or you can find them on the Kobo support site.

If that doesn't work, you will probably need to restore an image to the internal SD card. I think that is what @rcentros was referring to when suggesting asking in the developer's forum. There is a thread there for each device to request the appropriate images. Posting the exact same question in multiple places never helps. It is better to ask a moderator to move the post if you think that will help.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura, bricked, kobo