Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-02-2020, 01:35 PM   #331
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
The last Calibre beta had a bug that caused crashes when renaming saved searches. There were some changes made in 5.4.x to fix that, but I'm not sure if any of them affected the caches.

I think there was also a recent change to allow templates in saved searches, which I imagine would affect the caches.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-02-2020 at 01:40 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 01:51 PM   #332
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
I've opened a calibre bug report.

FYI, changing library will also update the list.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2020, 02:07 PM   #333
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
VM calls calibre.utils.search_query_parser.saved_searches() each time the VM config dialog is opened.

That method appears to be caching it's results now and giving VM the same list each time. Or else it's not using the same Saved Search cache as the rest of Calibre?
You should use db.saved_search*, which is what calibre has used since V4 and possibly before. The list of methods is found at the end of calibre.db.legacy. The same methods exist if you have a new_api db handle.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 02:19 PM   #334
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You should use db.saved_search*, which is what calibre has used since V4 and possibly before. The list of methods is found at the end of calibre.db.legacy. The same methods exist if you have a new_api db handle.
Inherited plugin dating back to the calibre 0.9 days. As long as it ain't broke, I don't fix it.

But since it's broke...

Switching to gui.current_db.saved_search_names() as suggested appears to work fine. Test version in a minute.
Old 11-02-2020, 02:24 PM   #335
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Attached

2020-11-02
- Change how saved searches are retrieved to newer API.

2020-10-30
- Apply persist_shortcut to view actions when Calibre >= v5.4 so view shortcuts aren't discarded as easily. Calibre PR #1246

2020-10-22
- Add 'Re-Apply Current View' action. Only available when a view has been previously applied.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 11-04-2020 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test version
Advert
Old 11-02-2020, 05:19 PM   #336
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
I can confirm the saved searches issue is fixed and apply current view works, at least with 5.3 / beta from #335.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 01:00 PM   #337
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 1.6.0 2020-11-04
- Change how saved searches are retrieved to newer API.
- Apply persist_shortcut to view actions when Calibre >= v5.4 so view shortcuts aren't discarded as easily. Calibre PR #1246
- Add 'Re-Apply Current View' action. Only available when a view has been previously applied.
Old 11-06-2020, 04:54 PM   #338
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not sure how much work it would be to implement, but an option to automatically switch to a specific view when a device is connected might be useful.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-06-2020 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:15 PM   #339
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Is there a limit of how many columns I can sort by? Some books are sorting unexpectedly and I'm not sure if it's user error or not.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-08-2020 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:36 PM   #340
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

I believe calibre has a limit somewhere in tweaks.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:47 PM   #341
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I found a maximum_resort_levels and increased it. I think it worked. Thank you.

I also found sort_dates_using_visible_fields, which might also account for some of the weirdness.
Old 12-01-2020, 05:00 PM   #342
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I'm a little confused by the sorting order of non-Reading List books here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-12-01 18_15_02-Window.png
Views:	193
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	183735

- The device is plugged in, so "On Device" sorts first.

- Then it also sorts by "On Kobo." (The lock doesn't reflect the value of the column itself; it just means that #kobocoll has "Kobo Store" in it).

- Then the books I'm currently reading (comp column that returns "true" if #read, #lastread, and #percentread all match certain values) sort to the top.

- Then it sorts by the reading list. I use the pseudobool "on Reading List" so that I can sort RL in ascending order and still have it appear on top. (Unfortunate side effect is that any RL books being read sort to the top, but I can live with that.)

However, after all of that it should sort the Currently Reading books in descending order by #percentread, and then sort any with the same percentage (e.g. 100% for fully read) by date.

Instead, I get what I see in the screenshot.

I have maximum_resort_levels = 12.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 12-01-2020 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:40 PM   #343
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Update: I figured it out. Even though "Percent Read" column pulled directly from the "%" column (I use one for column view, the other for book details), somehow it was mucking up the sorting.

ANOTHER EDIT: It was set to sort by integer instead of text, and since the original column is {0}% the percent sign tripped it up.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 12-01-2020 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-03-2021, 06:26 PM   #344
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
I was wondering if it is possible to update the plugin to edit current view and keep the name?

example:
I have a "read books" view which shows all the books and each individual read date column (there are 8 columns Dr1, DR2, DR3 etc.) a latest read date, a Goodreads Read date, a read status column etc.

Today I decided to make use of the Goodreads Sync plugins' ability to add the goodreads date started for books in the "currently reading" shelf of Goodreads. So I created a column GR_Date_Started. It will be used in the "Read Books" view.

I cannot seem to edit the view using the view manager plugin for customizing the plugin. It shows all the checked columns in the view, I can check off the new column I want to add, but I cannot seem to move the column in the proper position in the view.

I cannot just update the "read books" view by saving the current view with that name.

All the newly saved view names need to be unique, making it impossible to simply edit or update a current view without renaming it and deleting the old view and then renaming that new view with the desired name.

Surely there is a way to "update current view" without having to come up with a unique name.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 06:42 PM   #345
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Did you try "save view columns"?