Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-18-2023, 07:03 AM   #1
Rhapsody in Blue
Rhapsody in Blue began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
change display language

Hi everyone,
I bought prs-505, it present quite good but display language is Germany (Deutsche).
Can i ask for your guidance please.
Rhapsody in Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 04:38 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
I have a PRS-505 but not currently at hand. Here's the instructions from another thread...

from main menu: [0] (settings), [6] (about), and then press [1] till you find your locale (shows in the bottom of the screen)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=62215
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 11:46 AM   #3
Rhapsody in Blue

Thank you for your instructions, i must admit i try it, but with no success. I keep press the button for 60 secs time, in 3 secs in the bottom of the screen one icon show for 1s time . How long it must to be pressed [1] ?
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	199831
Old 02-21-2023, 12:02 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsody in Blue View Post
Thank you for your instructions, i must admit i try it, but with no success. I keep press the button for 60 secs time, in 3 secs in the bottom of the screen one icon show for 1s time . How long it must to be pressed [1] ?
Attachment 199831
I found in another thread saying that the German firmware disabled changing languages. Probably what you'll have to do is reflash to U.S firmware. Unfortunately that will require dropping back to version 1.1.00. 18040. I think that was the last version of U.S. firmware anyhow. It does allow reading ePubs, so I'm not sure what 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 added or fixed. (Maybe language-specific issues.) Oh, by the way, my U.S. 1.1.00 also does not allow changing languages -- so I don't know what version the instructions I quoted above applied to.

At any rate I can link you to the U.S. 1.1.00 xxx version. I, luckily, saved this from when it was still available on Sony. It looks like it is the same age as the German 1.4.00 firmware (2006 and 2008).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rxJ...ew?usp=sharing

Good luck.

Last edited by rcentros; 02-21-2023 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-21-2023, 11:10 AM   #5
Rhapsody in Blue

Thank you so much for helping me.
Old 02-23-2023, 12:40 AM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Thank you so much for helping me.
I hope it worked out okay.
Old 02-28-2023, 03:36 PM   #7
Rhapsody in Blue

Probably i do it wrong way. I reset to factory settings before update. Updater compare version number and prevent to downgrade.
Click image for larger version

Name:	updateissue.png
Views:	177
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	200016
Old 02-28-2023, 07:34 PM   #8
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Probably i do it wrong way. I reset to factory settings before update. Updater compare version number and prevent to downgrade.
Attachment 200016
They make it hard, don't they? Apparently others have had this issue. (I guess I've always updated rather than downgraded.)

This thread shows a possible solution to this issue...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...5%27s+firmware

The link to download the application is no longer good, but you can find it here (in a Google code archive)...

https://code.google.com/archive/p/pr...izer/downloads

One of its features is the ability to change languages.

Hopefully this works. Sorry for the trouble. I also think there is a way to force a downgrade, but this looks like the simpler solution.
Old 03-22-2023, 03:05 PM   #9
Rhapsody in Blue

Thank you for your help