Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-20-2019, 03:38 PM   #16
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Version 1.0.10 Technical changes after Python 3.8 testing with Calibre 4.99.2

Version 1.0.10 - 2019-12-20 Technical changes after Python 3.8 testing with Calibre 4.99.2
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 06:47 PM   #17
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I've been having seemingly random crashes when dragging results onto the DSR window from Agent Ransack. I use AR to search my library folder for *.epub and then the text string I was looking for.

I have a log from debug mode (tmpthomga.txt) (it crashed the first time in the session), though it doesn't really show anything.

It's not an issue with specific files. None of the books I tried to drag in had Unicode/special characters in their filenames. The library folder has full read/write permissions and I set Windows Defender to exempt the entire folder. The issue persists over several Calibre restarts and a Windows restart.

Any other suggestions on what might be causing this?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 07-17-2020 at 06:54 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 07:08 PM   #18
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've never, ever seen any crashes. Try giving yourself Administrator security. See the OP.

BR is an original user of DSR, and for-sure she would have said something if she had problems.

I baked DSR into CalibreSpy, which BR also has used since day 1 with no crashes.

Sounds like you have a software environment issue.

DaltonST
Old 07-18-2020, 05:04 AM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
I've never, ever seen any crashes. Try giving yourself Administrator security. See the OP.

BR is an original user of DSR, and for-sure she would have said something if she had problems.
DSR (my favourite PI) works for me, I mainly use it with Windows Search or xplorer² Find.

Quote:
I baked DSR into CalibreSpy, which BR also has used since day 1 with no crashes.
I don't think I knew that - must give it a try.

Now, you'll probably tell me I asked for it

Take care

BR - who's a he
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 02:28 PM   #20
eater
Enthusiast
eater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it is

Device: linux desktop
The "drop" interface is cool but I'd love a way to use this plugin on my command line, piping a list of Recoll results and getting the output in the Calibre GUI. Is that possible?
eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 03:22 PM   #21
DaltonST
Deviser

Drop Search Results is designed for Drag and Drop using file path results of GUI-based search applications like Agent Ransack, Windows Search, X1, etc. One could write a tiny GUI created from a command line that loads supplied file path parameters that can then be dragged and dropped.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:35 AM   #22
DaltonST
Deviser

Job Spy plugin tool "Search for book title list currently in the system clipboard"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eater View Post
The "drop" interface is cool but I'd love a way to use this plugin on my command line, piping a list of Recoll results and getting the output in the Calibre GUI. Is that possible?

Quote:
Drop Search Results is designed for Drag and Drop using file path results of GUI-based search applications like Agent Ransack, Windows Search, X1, etc. One could write a tiny GUI created from a command line that loads supplied file path parameters that can then be dragged and dropped.
However, since you are using a Linux command-line app and not a GUI search app with drag-and-drop capability, you might try this approach:

[1] Use the Job Spy plugin's tool "Search for book title list currently in the system clipboard". Each title must be delimited with a "\n", as if you had a text file with a single title on each line that you had copied to the clipboard.

[2] Write a Python script with a command line parameter that adds a long string of book titles to the system clipboard. For ideas how to do so, see: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...t-to-clipboard

[3] Pipe a list of Recoll results to your new Python script.

[4] In Calibre, create a custom Keyboard Shortcut to the Job Spy tool in [1], above, to make it trivial to execute.

DaltonST
Old 12-21-2020, 09:12 AM   #23
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.11 Miscellany

Version 1.0.11 - 2020-12-21 Miscellany.

DaltonST
Old 09-25-2021, 01:01 PM   #24
Payment_Creamer
Payment_Creamer began at the beginning.

Device: Android Generic
Library on NAS

Does it matter whether I use a mapped drive or UNC path in the search results being dragged and dropped in?

I'm trying to drag and drop from Search Everything (void tools) onto DSR modal window but nothing happens. Both applications running under my user context (non-admin). Calibre library resides on a NAS, calibre 5.27 running on Windows 10. Library opened using UNC.
Payment_Creamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 01:13 PM   #25
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
You shouldn't be running your library on an NAS!
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 02:27 PM   #26
Payment_Creamer

Lightbulb needs to match the path of the library

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payment_Creamer View Post
Does it matter whether I use a mapped drive or UNC path in the search results being dragged and dropped in?

I'm trying to drag and drop from Search Everything (void tools) onto DSR modal window but nothing happens. Both applications running under my user context (non-admin). Calibre library resides on a NAS, calibre 5.27 running on Windows 10. Library opened using UNC.
So I figured out that as long as you match the path of the library it will work. tested by opening a library via UNC and another using mapped drive letter. DSR worked fine when the filepaths used the matching location type. I know it's not supported, but that's what I found worked for me.
Old 09-25-2021, 03:02 PM   #27
Payment_Creamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Noted! I've been running calibre since 2017 so I'm aware of the risks. I compensate with hourly snapshots of my 120 GB library on its dedicated SSD calibre volume on the NAS.
Old 09-25-2021, 07:08 PM   #28
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payment_Creamer View Post
Noted! I've been running calibre since 2017 so I'm aware of the risks. I compensate with hourly snapshots of my 120 GB library on its dedicated SSD calibre volume on the NAS.
FYI - the plugin author DaltonST hasn't logged in since February 2021.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 10:40 AM   #29
DaltonST
Deviser

Qt6 compatibility Test Version

Test Version for Qt6 compatibility. Calibre minimum version 5.99.3 required.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 07-11-2022 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-11-2022, 01:03 AM   #30
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.13

Version 1.0.13 - 2022-04-13 Qt6 Compatibility; Minimum Calibre Version now 6.0.0 (5.99.8+)

Tags
ransack, search