Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-10-2021, 12:14 PM   #1
locksoft
locksoft began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
No more covers on Kindle (Voyage)

Hi guys,

Calibre always worked great with my old Voyage but, since a few months I can't have anymore the book cover appearing on the device. Of course I added it in the metadata but on Kindle I only see title and author (standard kindle view).

Is there any settings to change or finally Amazon won this war (ignoring covers for books not purchased on its store, I mean)?

Thanks
locksoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 12:33 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-generic-cover
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:37 AM   #3
locksoft
locksoft began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Hi Kovidgoyal, wow you're right, it worked!
This is a bit weird because I had some books installed since some weeks that never got the cover back, even connecting the kindle again to Calibre.
But I didn't have the last version installed.
Now, with the last one, everything works again.

Many thanks.

Update:
I realized that this method works for most of the books, but not all. For example I've an italian translation of "the last Ringbear" (an unofficial book about J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle Earth) that, no matter what, never gets a cover on the Kindle. Of course there's one in Calibre metatada.

Also, another question a bit OT. Some of my book seems to ignore Kindle fonts, it shows one similar to typewriter. I've deleted any references to "font-family" in the book css and ran a plugin called "epub edit" with the option to remove any embedded font. It says "no fonts found" but still the text is not correct on the kindle. In Calibre's ebook-viewer everything seems ok. Any idea?

Thanks again.

Please ignore the last part: Changing the Ringbearer cover with another image works, and I've solved the other one deleting the MOBI and converting again the EPUB after removing any reference to fonts in the book CSS.

Last edited by locksoft; 02-11-2021 at 09:55 AM.
locksoft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover