Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-07-2018, 01:57 PM   #76
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
Trusting Goodereader on anything is a bad idea, they've frequently made up "news" in the past.
And the news they don't make up, they steal. Better read The Digital Reader or Teleread than The Tweedle Bros' Scam Emporium.

Last edited by doubleshuffle; 05-07-2018 at 02:00 PM.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:48 PM   #77
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoim View Post
https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...rtlight-system

This is the only source i trust concerning ereaders.
The new paperwhite will have audio books and comfortlight. I do hope they will release a model with a larger screen or at least sell two models 6" and 7" .
That story would be a lot more worthwhile if they either acknowledged where they are sourcing their information from or pointed out that they were just speculating. They have a habit of passing guesses off as facts.

One thing I can guarantee you: The next Paperwhite will NOT feature a comfortlight of any kind.

Comfortlight is the term Kobo uses for all lighting on their e-readers, all the way back to the Kobo Glo. Nook refers to the same feature as glowlight. The color changing frontlight is called comfortlight pro by Kobo.

I don't know that Amazon has a proprietary name for their lighting system. But the fact that Goodereader screwed that up should be an indicator of the rigorous fact checking they put their information through.

The next Paperwhite might have a color changing light. It might not. Anyone telling you they know better without telling you where that information came from is either delusional or trying to sell you something.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2018, 10:13 PM   #78
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoim View Post
https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...rtlight-system

This is the only source i trust concerning ereaders.
The new paperwhite will have audio books and comfortlight. I do hope they will release a model with a larger screen or at least sell two models 6" and 7" .
that site also told us in 2016 we'd have a Kindle Liquavista, and that is just one of their lies
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:04 PM   #79
meta
Parakeet wrangler
meta began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I was a Kindle reader for years, then switched to an iPad. I just got a Kobo Aura One as a way to get myself to stop spending money with Amazon and make more use of my local library. Transferred all my e-books via Calibre.

The Kobo is awesome. I was slightly worried about whether the battery life would be disappointing, but it hasn't been a problem. I don't know if it's weeks of battery, but it's definitely days of battery. The big screen is wonderful, it's like reading hardbacks without the inconvenience, and the light weight compared to an iPad is a relief. I also like the estimated reading time feature of kepub — when I'm feeling sleepy I can look and see if I can likely make it through another chapter.
meta is offline   Reply With Quote