Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 05:11 AM   #1
edwardycn
edwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blueedwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blueedwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blueedwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blueedwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blueedwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blueedwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blueedwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blueedwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blueedwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blueedwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: kobo aura h2o
Help! NEED KOBO H2O factory sd image

Yesterday, I install coolreader. Maybe,I make something wrong. MY kobo H2O can't boot . I hard rest. It still can't work . It can't connect to computer.
Anyone have factory image? I want install it again. Thank you!
Old 11-05-2014, 06:28 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
How are you doing a "hard reset"? As the H2O only has one button, the factory reset is different. To do it:

- Make sure the device is charged
- Hold the power button down for at least 20 seconds to make sure it is off
- Hold the power button down and tap both bottom corners of the screen. Keep tapping until something happens.

You might need to try a few times to get the timing right.

I do have an image, but it is 4GB in size, and I don't have anywhere that I can put it.

Last edited by davidfor; 12-10-2015 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Need to hold the power button down while tapping.
Advert
Old 11-05-2014, 07:54 AM   #3
hwtan13
hwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy bluehwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy bluehwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy bluehwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy bluehwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy bluehwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy bluehwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy bluehwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy bluehwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy bluehwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy bluehwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: KK 3G, KT, KPW, NTG
Hi you can share the image with me? Can put in dropbox, onedrive or gdrive. Thanks
Old 11-05-2014, 08:25 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
As I said, I don't have anywhere I can put it. I haven't had a need for one of the storage sites, so don't need them. Plus uploading a 4GB file will take ages. I'll have a look at what I can do, but it will be the weekend at the earliest.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:45 AM   #5
edwardycn
edwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blueedwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blueedwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blueedwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blueedwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blueedwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blueedwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blueedwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blueedwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blueedwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blueedwardycn can differentiate black from dark navy blue

I try your method to hard rest but still can't work!
Anyway, thank you davidfor.
Advert
Old 11-05-2014, 10:13 AM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Wuala is quitting, so I guess I'll give OneDrive a go. I use exactly 0 bytes out of however much they insist on giving me with their Office 365 for companies. I'll PM you when the upload finishes.

NB I haven't tested the image.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #7
edwardycn

Thank you Frenzie. I try now!
Old 11-05-2014, 08:34 PM   #8
hwtan13
hwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy bluehwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy bluehwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy bluehwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy bluehwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy bluehwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy bluehwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy bluehwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy bluehwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy bluehwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy bluehwtan13 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: KK 3G, KT, KPW, NTG
Thank you for sharing the image. Manage to unbrick the h2o and is working now.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:33 AM   #9
edwardycn

I can't download the file. Can help me?
Old 11-06-2014, 05:33 AM   #10
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwtan13 View Post
Thank you for sharing the image. Manage to unbrick the h2o and is working now.
Good to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardycn View Post
I can't download the file. Can help me?
See my new PM. When OneDrive complained that 4 GB was too large I went to my favorite compression (lzip) on autopilot without pausing to think that it's not that common. It compresses down to a few hundred MB because all the rest is basically a bunch of nothing.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:54 AM   #11
edwardycn

Thank you for your help! It work now.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:57 AM   #12
alexguo
alexguo can differentiate black from dark navy bluealexguo can differentiate black from dark navy bluealexguo can differentiate black from dark navy bluealexguo can differentiate black from dark navy bluealexguo can differentiate black from dark navy bluealexguo can differentiate black from dark navy bluealexguo can differentiate black from dark navy bluealexguo can differentiate black from dark navy bluealexguo can differentiate black from dark navy bluealexguo can differentiate black from dark navy bluealexguo can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Good to hear.

See my new PM. When OneDrive complained that 4 GB was too large I went to my favorite compression (lzip) on autopilot without pausing to think that it's not that common. It compresses down to a few hundred MB because all the rest is basically a bunch of nothing.
Hi Frenzie, I am a new one here, I also met the same problem, when I installed coolreader, the H2O can't boot as usual and I tried factory reset, can't save me H2O, could you send me the SD image to save me H2O?
Old 11-08-2014, 08:59 AM   #13
alexguo
alexguo can differentiate black from dark navy bluealexguo can differentiate black from dark navy bluealexguo can differentiate black from dark navy bluealexguo can differentiate black from dark navy bluealexguo can differentiate black from dark navy bluealexguo can differentiate black from dark navy bluealexguo can differentiate black from dark navy bluealexguo can differentiate black from dark navy bluealexguo can differentiate black from dark navy bluealexguo can differentiate black from dark navy bluealexguo can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardycn View Post
Thank you for your help! It work now.
Hi edwardycn, How to open the device to fix H2O? could you teach me? many thanks
Old 11-08-2014, 12:25 PM   #14
Frenzie
Wizard

Your nails might do the trick. See here. mementomori says there was no resulting damage (other than probably destroying the device's ability to go underwater).
Old 11-08-2014, 12:28 PM   #15
edwardycn

1. I use cutter to open it. It is very easy to open. Don't cut the screen.
2. Remove 4 Philip screws that fixes the main board to the back cover.
3. The SD Card is in the back of the main board, probably like the AURA HD's.

If you still don't know, you can search youtube.
Closed Thread

Tags
sd image