Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-14-2018, 01:51 PM   #1
moofychops
Connoisseur
moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Now Have Aura One and ClaraHD
Converting Kindle Books

Hello All,
I have a new Aura One and a Kindle with 200 bought books. What are the chances of converting this lot to ePub to use on my new Aura One Please. Thank you
moofychops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:43 PM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by moofychops View Post
Hello All,
I have a new Aura One and a Kindle with 200 bought books. What are the chances of converting this lot to ePub to use on my new Aura One Please. Thank you
The chances are 100%.

1. Download an old version of Kindle for PC (I use version 1.17 available here).

2. Download Calibre, available here.

3. Go to Apprentice Alf's blog to get the deDRM Calibre plug-in (not sure I can link to that so I won't).

Maybe someone else can walk you through the rest. There's a line talking about the steps on the board and I'm not sure where the line is.

If you haven't done any of this, it might feel overwhelming at first, but once you have it set, it is very simple. I own a Kobo and buy all my books from Amazon.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:53 PM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The chances are 100%.

1. Download an old version of Kindle for PC (I use version 1.17 available here).

2. Download Calibre, available here.

3. Go to Apprentice Alf's blog to get the deDRM Calibre plug-in (not sure I can link to that so I won't).

Maybe someone else can walk you through the rest. There's a line talking about the steps on the board and I'm not sure where the line is.

If you haven't done any of this, it might feel overwhelming at first, but once you have it set, it is very simple. I own a Kobo and buy all my books from Amazon.
You can link to Alf's blog, but can't provide direct download links.

Members can't walk another through the process, but as you say, it's not hard. Questions can be asked at Alf's blog.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:21 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
The readme files included with the DeDRM package have fairly detailed instructions. You shouldn't need much help aside from the readme unless you run into an error.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:25 AM   #5
moofychops
Connoisseur
moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Now Have Aura One and ClaraHD
Hello,
Thank you all so much for the information. Will start converting this afternoon I hope. Thank you again,
Ron
moofychops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:47 PM   #6
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moofychops View Post
Hello,
Thank you all so much for the information. Will start converting this afternoon I hope. Thank you again,
Ron
Good luck with it, man. The ability to convert and sideload books is what keeps me using Kobo and Nooks. Otherwise, I'd just give in and buy a Kindle.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:33 PM   #7
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Good luck with it, man. The ability to convert and sideload books is what keeps me using Kobo and Nooks. Otherwise, I'd just give in and buy a Kindle.
Technically, the Kindle supports sideloaded books. I've got a PW3 dedicated to sideloaded content. Caveat, no non-Cloud collections support unless you jailbreak.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 05:10 PM   #8
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Technically, the Kindle supports sideloaded books. I've got a PW3 dedicated to sideloaded content. Caveat, no non-Cloud collections support unless you jailbreak.
Yes, yes. I understand all readers support side-loaded books. My point was that I prefer the Kobo's feature set, but Amazon's store is better. The ability to convert Amazon books to use on my Kobo is what makes me stick with a device I like as opposed to a device that is tied to a store I like.