Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-10-2017, 07:37 PM   #46
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quick question for anyone in the know...Does this KF7 doesn't recognize percentages issue only apply to images?

If it doesn't affect <div> then why not style the container to the desired dimensions and then just let the image fill the div - or am I totally off base here?
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:01 PM   #47
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Quick question for anyone in the know...Does this KF7 doesn't recognize percentages issue only apply to images?

If it doesn't affect <div> then why not style the container to the desired dimensions and then just let the image fill the div - or am I totally off base here?
Nope, doesn't work. Great thinking, though. That's like the workaround for the old first-gen iPads, remember? You had to put the image iniside a container, and size the container?

Sadly, brill or not, it doesn't work in MOBI/KF7. We've tried, trust me.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:36 PM   #48
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
@Hitch...Turtle91's question has given me some thought.

Since font-size must be an allowed property style on KF7 devices(else how could you format your larger heading sizes?) -- and if what you are saying about % values not being allowed in KF7 devices is true -- does this also mean that you cannot use percentage values with the font-size property in KF7 devices? And is it therefore better practice to use "em" values instead of "%" values for all font sizing and spacing values as a general formatting rule?

Also wondering whether my new plugin is working correctly for you on your KF7 and KF8 devices. Any problems with the plugin?

Last edited by slowsmile; 08-11-2017 at 08:05 PM.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:43 PM   #49
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsmile View Post
@Hitch...Turtle91's question has given me some thought.

Since font-size must be an allowed property style on KF7 devices(else how could you format your larger heading sizes?) -- and if what you are saying about % values not being allowed in KF7 devices is true -- does this also mean that you cannot use percentage values with the font-size property in KF7 devices? And is it therefore better practice to use "em" values instead of "%" values for all font sizing and spacing values as a general formatting rule?

Also wondering whether my new plugin is working correctly for you on your KF7 and KF8 devices. Any problems with the plugin?
Hi, William:

Well, for our font sizes, in all our ebooks, we use ems, and we have for years. You can, however, use % for fonts. That's not a problem, and please don't ask me why you can do that there and not for anything else. :-)

So far, William, it's worked pretty damn good. (It seems to work as well as our Epsilon program/clip, so...good job.) I haven't had the time to check the last thing. BUT, if tomorrow is nicely slow (please....), I shall be able to do that then, which is troubleshooting the KP 2.94 emulator versus The Real Thing. :-) I believe that's all that's left.

I think I saw that somebody here made a test ePUB, so I might mooch that, for my tests. Since I seem to be the Last Man Standing with a K2 device. :-)

Spoiler:
sidenote/n.b./OT: believe it or not, the Kindle upon which I am about to test this is THE K2. The device I had, with which I started the biz. The one I received, started making PG books, was unhappy with their formatting; learned to do my own, was asked by others to help them, etc. Ha!

H
Old 08-11-2017, 09:45 PM   #50
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Hitch...Thanks for that, appreciate it. I only asked the "em" question because I've just released another plugin(ConvertAbs2RelCSSValues) that automatically converts all epub CSS values in points, inches, pica, mms and cms to relative "em" values. I was just wondering whether to allow two choices for this conversion -- "em" or "%" values -- but from your answer, I think this isn't really needed. Thanks.

And good luck with the testing !!

Last edited by slowsmile; 08-11-2017 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:13 PM   #51
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I think I saw that somebody here made a test ePUB, so I might mooch that, for my tests. Since I seem to be the Last Man Standing with a K2 device.
I still have a fully updated K2 US. The battery's getting a little weak, so I usually have to give it a good charge before use.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:23 PM   #52
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
Okay, I believe I generated a test EPUB. (Attached to the end of this post.)

This was my methodology:

Edit: I also attached an EPUB with 600px tall images.
Tex:

Did you get the 200px ePUB to build? Into a MOBI?

Hitch
Old 08-12-2017, 06:07 PM   #53
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

{sigh}. What'd I get into here?

OK, so:

William, before you ask, NO, I haven't tested your plugin on this ePUB, yet. BUT...

I used Tex's ePUB, to do a quick preliminary test, to see what I could see, about the emulator. I'm using KP 2.94 to a) build the MOBI from the ePUB and b) check the emulators, against "real" devices.

I'm observing some odd things, and I'll post about this in a lot more detail, but, WILLIAM: I have not yet seen any image, in Tex's test ePUB (I'm using the 600px one, converted to MOBI as stated above, that shows the DX obeying a KF8 coding. Not a lick. Every instance of KF7 and KF8 coding are displaying differently. And in each case, the DX is doing what it should be doing.

Remind me, do we have the file that you said you tested, in which the DX was using KF8 sizing, and not KF7?

Hitch
Old 08-12-2017, 08:50 PM   #54
slowsmile
Witchman

@Hitch...As requested, I've just sent you one of my test epubs via private email. All instructions are in the email.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:11 PM   #55
slowsmile
Witchman

@Diapdealer...I've just sent you one of my test epubs via private email for testing on your old K2 device. Full instructions are in the email. And my thanks for testing...
Old 08-13-2017, 11:33 PM   #56
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Tex:

Did you get the 200px ePUB to build? Into a MOBI?
Yep... and after I typed out the entire post, I decided to just generate a 600px version as well.

I was thinking slightly higher resolutions + different ratios would be helpful as well (tall/skinny instead of short/fat). Also would be helpful when testing things like Landscape.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:26 AM   #57
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Yep... and after I typed out the entire post, I decided to just generate a 600px version as well.

I was thinking slightly higher resolutions + different ratios would be helpful as well (tall/skinny instead of short/fat). Also would be helpful when testing things like Landscape.
Where'd you build it? When I endeavored to get a build, using KP 2.94, I got an error message due to the size, and the mobi failed to build.

Hitch
Old 08-14-2017, 05:36 PM   #58
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Where'd you build it? When I endeavored to get a build, using KP 2.94, I got an error message due to the size, and the mobi failed to build.
Kindle Previewer v2.94. When I run those two test EPUBs everything works fine. The only thing is it tells you the warning about no cover.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:00 PM   #59
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Kindle Previewer v2.94. When I run those two test EPUBs everything works fine. The only thing is it tells you the warning about no cover.
Howdy:

Hell if I know. I tried to build it several times, and it failed, and I had the same issue with Bill's sample--and now, this afternoon, it's working fine. Who knows?

Hitch
Old 08-14-2017, 08:06 PM   #60
slowsmile
Witchman

@Hitch...I've just resent you another test epub with the mobi version as well.

I am also completely clueless as to why, whenever I test these epubs/mobis on KP(v2.94) and KP3(v3.13), they show the larger image(as a %) on all eInk emulations whereas other people are getting different results.

The important thing for me is whether the new plugin works or not. For that I need someone to confirm whether the plugin works properly (ie displays images only in pixels) on an actual K2 device or not.

Last edited by slowsmile; 08-14-2017 at 08:21 PM.