Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-18-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
wilsonch
Enthusiast
wilsonch is on a distinguished road

Device: Various Androids; Kindle Touch; Nook GlowLight Plus 7.8
Question How to retain a news article?

I am new to calibre. I've looked in the user guide and searched in the forums but may have well missed something obvious.

Anyhow, I've subscribed to a feed and there is an article I would like to save indefinitely. I could save it off to one side (if I knew how) or add/remove a tag to protect it from the mass-delete operations (if I knew how).

So, how would I retain a particular news article?
wilsonch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:57 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Remove the news tag via the edit meta information button.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2010, 09:30 AM   #3
wilsonch
Enthusiast
wilsonch is on a distinguished road

Device: Various Androids; Kindle Touch; Nook GlowLight Plus 7.8
I see metadata only at the "book" level -- that is, the entire set of results that is returned when I execute a recipe for an RSS feed. The set of results in the "book" seems to consist of a table of contents and the articles themselves. I am trying to save or export or otherwise manipulate only one article from the many contained in the recipe results "book".
wilsonch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:12 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonch View Post
I see metadata only at the "book" level -- that is, the entire set of results that is returned when I execute a recipe for an RSS feed. The set of results in the "book" seems to consist of a table of contents and the articles themselves. I am trying to save or export or otherwise manipulate only one article from the many contained in the recipe results "book".
You are asking how to edit out one article from an epub book. Take a look at sigil for editing an epub.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, news feeds