Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-21-2016, 09:11 PM   #241
zeel
zeel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G
G0B0 GD

So if there isn't anything in the log folder, something even more interesting is happening.
zeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:51 PM   #242
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeel View Post
G0B0 GD

So if there isn't anything in the log folder, something even more interesting is happening.
Something selecting the older "B" model string rather than the newer "G0" model string?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2016, 05:36 AM   #243
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@zeel: Which version of MRPI did you install?

Try reinstalling a current snapshot. Something's definitely fishy.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:30 PM   #244
zeel
zeel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G
Well that's fascinating. The version was 1.6, as is the latest snapshot. But the new snapshot seems to have worked! I noticed, the output from MRPI previously appeared right at he bottom of the search box, and now appears at the very bottom of the screen.

So details: The version I originally downloaded has the latest change in the changelot listed as 2015-08-18 20:28 and I downloaded it from the attachment on this thread. The one I just tried I got from the link in this thread and it appears to actually be the latest version. And also works!

I have succeed in installing and running KUAL, and the screensaver hack.
zeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:41 PM   #245
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeel View Post
Well that's fascinating. The version was 1.6, as is the latest snapshot. But the new snapshot seems to have worked! I noticed, the output from MRPI previously appeared right at he bottom of the search box, and now appears at the very bottom of the screen.

So details: The version I originally downloaded has the latest change in the changelot listed as 2015-08-18 20:28 and I downloaded it from the attachment on this thread. The one I just tried I got from the link in this thread and it appears to actually be the latest version. And also works!

I have succeed in installing and running KUAL, and the screensaver hack.
The snapshots are just that, snapshots.
The version number refers to releases and will be bumped when a release is made.

Until then, go by the repo commit number following the version number of the snapshot.
Advert
Old 07-23-2016, 06:46 PM   #246
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@zeel: I sneakily refreshed the release zips (which were woefully outdated) with current snapshots when I released KUAL 2.7 because I was kind of expecting that kind of SNAFU . If you snagged a release zip before that, yeah, you had something really outdated, which wasn't really an issue with current devices, but did not handle the Oasis/White PW3/KT3.

Updating the release zips is kind of a PITA, while updating the snapshots is completely automated (on my end, I mean). Plus, rolling releases FTW.

TL;DR: Yeah, use the snaphsots. There's always a VERSION file at the root of the archive which mentions the actual revision and build date. As @knc1 said, trust that. (For hacks with a KUAL extension, there's also an "on device" button to print that info).

The major.minor version is just there to mark large milestones in time. Which kind of always get pushed back because of new devices, hence the age of the releases ^^.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-23-2016 at 06:48 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:05 PM   #247
knc1
Going Viral

Now that we have documented jail breaks for every device Amazon ever built -
It seems people want every add-in we ever released.

Think we could get time on Debian's build farm?
(Seriously, they do make build farm time available to a lot of projects.)
Old 08-12-2016, 10:46 AM   #248
thinredline
Connoisseur
thinredline doesn't litterthinredline doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Pocket Edge, Nookd Simple Touch Glowlight, NGP
Thanks for OP's efforts. I am able to install and have it run on Kindle Keyboard but I don't know how to enable PDF reflow. I can enable the tool bar by using "Aa" button but don't how to navigate because direction keys do not work here. Please shed me some light! Thank you.
thinredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:00 AM   #249
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinredline View Post
Thanks for OP's efforts. I am able to install and have it run on Kindle Keyboard but I don't know how to enable PDF reflow. I can enable the tool bar by using "Aa" button but don't how to navigate because direction keys do not work here. Please shed me some light! Thank you.
Give us a break, at least tell us the name of what you are trying to run.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:35 PM   #250
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
We need to know what you are trying to run in order to shed some light on it.
Without knowing, the light switches don't work.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:00 PM   #251
thinredline
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
We need to know what you are trying to run in order to shed some light on it.
Without knowing, the light switches don't work.
Sorry I mean Koreader for Kindle Keyboard.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:16 PM   #252
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Sorry I mean Koreader for Kindle Keyboard.
So try posting in the KOreader thread.
**AFTER** you read the first post of that thread to see what devices are supported.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:29 PM   #253
thinredline
Connoisseur

Koreader does not support Kindle Keyboard officially, that's why I tried OP's snapshot. I can use menu but cannot make PDF reflow, so I am asking if anyone has experience here.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:42 PM   #254
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Koreader does not support Kindle Keyboard officially, that's why I tried OP's snapshot. I can use menu but cannot make PDF reflow, so I am asking if anyone has experience here.
You are still in the wrong thread.

If you do read the first post of the proper thread, you will learn the name and the link to the keyboard version.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:19 PM   #255
cqwang
cqwang began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
On PW2 serial number 905A 2201.... with FW 5.8.2(3018920018), BatteryStatus says "Unsupported on your FW Version, aborting" when I tried "Tweak Battery Icon", please help update this great hack.
cqwang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hacks, kindle, niluje