Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-12-2016, 09:10 AM   #211
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Tontotrento: Yup, what @knc1 said, get me MRPI's log (extensions/MRInstaller/mrinstaller.log) .

Wild guess: you *need* to use the MRPI version from the snapshot thread, too. The current release won't recognize your device.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:52 AM   #212
Tontotrento
Tontotrento began at the beginning.

Device: KV, KOA
all_system_logs_as_of_Tue_Jul_12_14.04.44_CEDT_2016.txt Niluje I am sure I used the snapshot version of MRPI and I think MRPI works on my KOA - I get messages when I run ;log mrpi.
I attach system logs. Anything else you need I will get but am not very technically competent so need clear instructions.
Tontotrento is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2016, 10:13 AM   #213
Tontotrento

MR Installer Log attached.
Attached Files
File Type: rtf mrinstaller.log.rtf (2.8 KB, 246 views)
Old 07-12-2016, 10:55 AM   #214
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Tontotrento: Huh. I managed to b0rk something in the most stupid way possible.

Indeed, the current packages are not flagged for the Oasis. o_O.

I'll investigate and fix, sorry about that.

EDIT: Yuuuup, I'm stupid, forgot that I build two sets of packages, and as such am not using the universal K5 alias... Will fix in a bit.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-12-2016 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:15 AM   #215
NiLuJe
BLAM!

My bad, that was a stupid oversight...

First post updated, things should be back in order for KOA owners .
Advert
Old 07-12-2016, 11:43 AM   #216
Tontotrento

Hi Niluje, I'm afraid it is still not working. I downloaded new MRPI file, checked it was working on KOA and then downloaded new python and screensaver files. Got same "destroying package" message. Then screen stuck on an updating message for some time so I restarted by holding down button for 10 secs.
Packages have disappeared from mrpackages.
I attach mrinstaller log
Attached Files
File Type: rtf mrinstaller.log.rtf (1,016 Bytes, 209 views)
Old 07-12-2016, 11:51 AM   #217
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Huh. The good news is, it's failing *later*, so, progress!

I'll look into it...
Old 07-12-2016, 12:12 PM   #218
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Tontotrento: I can't seem to reproduce the issue on my end...

Can you double-check the files aren't corrupted? Both on your end and on the Kindle.
(Because the purpose of this specific failing check is checksum verification...).

FYI:
Code:
MD5(Update_linkss_0.24.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt3.bin)= c94ab5fb3c4f54c766f7882d84ea2bb3
EDIT: Err, which "updating" message, actually? Nothing should have printed anything remotely looking like that at this point...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-12-2016 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:46 PM   #219
Tontotrento

NiluJe,
Yes, there may have been a corrupt file,
I re-downloaded and installed everything as before and screensavers are now working perfectly.
Thank you very much for your expertise.
It would be great if somehow the fonts hack could also be made to work on the KOA.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:24 PM   #220
homeceo43
Connoisseur
homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.

Device: Meebook P78 Pro, Likebook P6
NiLuJe,

My KOA is still on the original downgrade firmware 5.7.4 (have not upgraded back up to 5.8.1.)

KUAL does not work on KOA, and Kindle Menu does not install without KUAL .

I know KPVBooklet launcher is not in the snapshot lists in the first post of this thread; but I was trying to install it using ;log mrpi searchbar command to see if I could install it without KUAL.

I made sure that I have installed the latest 'hotfix' and also the latest MRPI from the link in the first post of this snapshots thread. I also made sure I had the latest kpvbooklet install bin and put it in the mrpackages folder.

I typed ;log mrpi in the search bar and the installer runs and this displays:

"Launching MR Installer"

then
"checking kpvbooklet 0.6.3 I"
"destroying package"

then
"restarting UI"

So I guess that KPVBooklet is a kindlet and cannot be installed on the KOA either?

Here is the mrinstaller.log:

Code:

[2016-07-16 @ 07:52:50 -0700] :: [MRPI r13359] - Beginning the processing of package 'update_kpvbooklet_0.6.3_install.bin' (kpvbooklet 0.6.3 I) . . .

Package 'update_kpvbooklet_0.6.3_install.bin' (kpvbooklet 0.6.3 I) is not targeting your device [0GC vs. 11 0F 10 24 1B 1C 1D 1F 20 D4 5A D5 D6 D7 D8 F2 17 60 62 5F 61 C6 DD 13 54 53 0G1 0G7 0G6 0G2 0G5], skipping . . . :(
I'm wanting to use KOReader on the KOA. It seems it is not possible because I cannot install any launchers (KUAL, Kindle Menu, or KPVBooklet).

KPVBooklet and KOReader work great on my KV.

Last edited by homeceo43; 07-16-2016 at 02:53 PM.
homeceo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 01:27 PM   #221
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@homeceo43: You could simply try repacking KPVBooklet with a current KindleTool build, but I'm not sure this would necessarily be enough, in the specific case of KPVBooklet.

Best ask @chrox on the github project .
Old 07-16-2016, 02:07 PM   #222
homeceo43
Connoisseur
homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.

Thank you NiLuJe. I looked at the KindleTool pages, and I just don't understand how to use it. Way above my technical knowledge.

I think what you mean by asking @chrox on the github project is to ask my question on this page, correct? It's not a problem to copy/paste my post above to the github page, is it?
Old 07-16-2016, 02:12 PM   #223
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@homeceo43: Nope, go ahead .

At the very least this'll ensure that *everyone* will benefit from a fix, and not just you.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:45 PM   #224
homeceo43
Connoisseur

Thank you NiLuJe. (By the way, I noticed I had KPVBooklet spelled wrong everywhere in my post. I have now corrected it. Sorry about that).
Old 07-17-2016, 08:43 PM   #225
NiLuJe
BLAM!

*rawwrrr*

Which means *possibly* something usable, soon.

Don't mind the K5. Mind the filename and the fullscreen-ness.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kualbooklet.png
Views:	284
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	150269  

Tags
hacks, kindle, niluje