Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 07-12-2011, 12:37 PM   #31
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Not necessarily. the "pre-1923" rule is only for the US, and MobileRead is hosted in Canada, so Canadian laws apply: basically anything written by anyone who died more than 50 years ago.
However, MobileRead also has an eBook server in the US for just this reason. You can request that an eBook you upload be relocated to the US if needed.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #32
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
I have a request: I am looking for Ellen Glasgow's short story "The Difference". The story was first published in 1923 and the author died in 1945, so I *think* it should be PD in Canada at this point? I'm not certain -- please correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you!
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #33
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
I have a request: I am looking for Ellen Glasgow's short story "The Difference". The story was first published in 1923 and the author died in 1945, so I *think* it should be PD in Canada at this point? I'm not certain -- please correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you!
Yes, 50 years after her death. It is likely PD in the US as well but you would have to check to see if she or her family renewed the copyright.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:38 PM   #34
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Yes, 50 years after her death. It is likely PD in the US as well but you would have to check to see if she or her family renewed the copyright.

Dale
The majority of her novels seem to be available on various sites, and they *look* to be the "hey, I slapped this together as PD and now you pay me a buck" situation. But I can't find this one short story *anywhere* online.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:50 AM   #35
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
The family renewed copyright in 1950, so renewal would next be 1978. It is not listed separately in the copyright database:http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwe...cal&PAGE=First

But it could be part of a book which is copyrighted in the US.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 08:06 AM   #36
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
The family renewed copyright in 1950, so renewal would next be 1978. It is not listed separately in the copyright database:http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwe...cal&PAGE=First

But it could be part of a book which is copyrighted in the US.
Thank you for the research. I'm sad about the outcome, but appreciative that I have an answer.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:15 AM   #37
analogee
analogee began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Hi everybody,
I'm new here but I don't know who to ask for it: I am looking for free GERMAN ePub ebooks for my iPad. BTW, is there any possibility to use German dictionary on iPad?
analogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #38
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Hallo analogee,

willkommen bei MobileRead. Du bist praktisch nur einen Schritt von freien deutschen Büchern im epub-Format entfernt.

Du kannst entweder hier stöbern:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130
oder mit dieser Übersicht
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Free...s/de/ebooks-de
nach deutschen Büchern suchen.

Betreffs eines deutschen Wörterbuches für den iPad kann ich Dir leider nicht weiterhelfen, da ich kein iPad besitze und mich deshalb nicht auskenne. Du kannst Deine Frage eventuell noch einmal im deutschen Unterforum stellen, falls Du hier im englischen Teil keine Antwort darauf erhältst.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #39
gbermor
Enthusiast
gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle/SO
Smile

I'd like Victor Hugo's The Hunchback of Notre Dame, please!
gbermor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #40
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Patricia made an excellent ebook of this title in some formats, e.g. mobi:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27019

I've uploaded the ePub conversion of her work.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:10 AM   #41
davecrossley
davecrossley began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Can somebody please point me in the direction of recent autobiographies by celebrities/sports people/actors and actresses/musicians/comedians etc or could somebody please upload recent and upcoming autobiographies as they are the only books I really like reading
davecrossley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #42
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecrossley View Post
Can somebody please point me in the direction of recent autobiographies by celebrities/sports people/actors and actresses/musicians/comedians etc or could somebody please upload recent and upcoming autobiographies as they are the only books I really like reading
Please do not request copyrighted material. MR is a strictly legal site. You have a Kindle: you'll find numerous current autobiographies for sale in the Kindle bookstore.

Thank you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:32 AM   #43
pdubois
pdubois began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Poetry books by:

1. C. Milosz
2. W. Szymborska
3. J. Brodsky
4. W. H. Auden

Please
pdubois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:42 AM   #44
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Miloš Crnjanski - died in 1977
Wisława Szymborska - still alive
Iosif Aleksandrovich Brodsky - died 1996
Wystan Hugh Auden - died 1973

All pretty self-evidently still protected by copyright. Please read the post immediately above the one you wrote.

DO NOT REQUEST COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL OR YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM MOBILEREAD!

Is that clearer?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:46 PM   #45
NightStar76
Enthusiast
NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nook
I'm looking for the (public domain) Sexton Blake works. I've not been able to find them anywhere. AMazon has some editions, but AZW - EPUB isn't something I'm confident about.
NightStar76 is offline   Reply With Quote