Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-23-2014, 10:14 AM   #1
Harko33
Harko33 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux
Any way to change the size of the dictionary window ?

Hi,

I was just wondering if there would have any possibility to allow the small dictionary entry window to be the size of the entire screen. Such a small size is very annoying when there is a lot of text to read about the entry.

Thanks
Harko33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I would guess that there isn't a way to change the window size. There's nothing in the programmer's SDK for doing that. About the only way I can get a full dictionary page is to launch the Dictionary app separately from the book, and then type in the word that I want to know about. It's more work than using the dictionary within the ebook, but not too bad with the multitasking capability of the device.

Personally, I like it the way it is, since you can leave it open and just select new words as you read. That comes in handy if you are unfamiliar with a lot of the words (like when reading a foreign language).
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
dictionary