Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
onthebus
onthebus began at the beginning.

Device: Kbob
Help With Kobo Desktop App

Apologies in advance if this is a silly question... I just downloaded an ebook from kobo. I was hoping I could copy the text in order to use it with an audio reader in my classroom. I now realize I can't copy from the kobo book. I got Calibre to help me out. I should say I do not have a Kobo e-reader. I am just using the desktop app. So, how can I get the book to show up in Calibre. No matter where I search, I can't get it to show up. I can't find the file anywhere on my computer. We are supposed to start tomorrow, and our scanner is on the blink. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.
onthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You have to go to the My Library section of the Kobo web site where you should see the book(s) you have purchased. Next to the book is a blue button "ADOBE DRM EPUB" that when clicked will download an ACSM file. This file, when opened via Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) will download the ePub which will contain DRM.

Google for Apprentice Alf for instructions on how to remove the DRM and then you can add it to calibre and do whatever you like with it.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
convert, copy, desktop, kobo