Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-14-2011, 12:51 AM   #1
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Device: PW (7th Gen), PW (10th Gen)
8.14 - Registering External Hard Drive as Device

First, apologies if this is not the correct place to post this.

I use the portable version of calibre for windows and I run it on an portable hard drive, and as of 8.14 it is constantly saying it is connected to a device. The device being the external hard drive.

Is this a bug, or is there a setting that i can use to exclude the portable hard drive as a device?

Cheers, Aleyst
Aleyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:36 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Find out what driver is matching your hard drive and disable it in Preferences->plugins.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2011, 04:55 AM   #3
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

I disabled all Device Interface Plugins... no change there. It's still picking up the HD as a device and showing me the Main Tool Bar.. with Device connected, Option.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:04 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have to restart after disabling. If you disabled all device plugins calibre cannot be connecting automatically. The only other way it can connect automatically is if you have set the auto connect to folder on startup tweak in preferences->tweaks.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:13 AM   #5
Aleyst
Zealot

Ah, that was it .. I used that tweak, thinking it was something else.
Thanks a bunch.
Advert