Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
sunwestdog
Enthusiast
sunwestdog began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 701 IQ, pocketbook 302
701 IQ... meet bluetooth

That's what I wish I could say. Has anyone experimented with downloading bluetooth onto their IQ or know if it's even possible? I would like to be able to send text messages to other phones. Any thoughts?
sunwestdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Unless I am mistaken, there is no Bluetooth on the IQ.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #3
sunwestdog
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
Unless I am mistaken, there is no Bluetooth on the IQ.
Exactly. That's why I'm asking if anyone knows a way or has tried to download it on to the IQ.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Well, to use Bluetooth you have to have Bluetooth hardware built-in/installed on the IQ first. Just downloading Bluetooth software won't give the IQ Bluetooth capabilities. I wonder if there are Bluetooth SD cards that will work? I don't even know if there is such a thing...
Old 11-27-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
sunwestdog
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
Well, to use Bluetooth you have to have Bluetooth hardware built-in/installed on the IQ first. Just downloading Bluetooth software won't give the IQ Bluetooth capabilities. I wonder if there are Bluetooth SD cards that will work? I don't even know if there is such a thing...
Found bluetooth driver down loads if that means anything. Are you saying that it is a physical chip of sorts that needs to be on the device? If that's the case, I wonder why it would be on the 302 and not the IQ?

With it's current capabilities, does anyone know if it's possible to text message to another phone? Logic says so because I can do it on my home computer, but doesn't seem to work on my IQ using messaging.
Advert
Old 11-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
speedtouch
eBook Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwestdog View Post
Found bluetooth driver down loads if that means anything. Are you saying that it is a physical chip of sorts that needs to be on the device? If that's the case, I wonder why it would be on the 302 and not the IQ?

With it's current capabilities, does anyone know if it's possible to text message to another phone? Logic says so because I can do it on my home computer, but doesn't seem to work on my IQ using messaging.
Right, there has to be a Bluetooth chip inside the IQ somewhere for it to work. I've looked around and the Pandigital Novel and Cruz Reader do not have Bluetooth, so I am quite sure our IQ doesn't as well.

Last edited by speedtouch; 11-27-2010 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Bad spelling
Old 11-28-2010, 10:33 AM   #7
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
mtravellerh ist looking into the possibility of using a Bluetooth dongle.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #8
ffred
Enthusiast
ffred began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
IQ and Bluetooth

PocketBook definitely states that it is a BlueTooth device in its own press releases (search PocketBook and BlueTooth). I've loaded the "Quick Settings" app, but the BlueTooth toggle is unresponsive. Maybe publicity doesn't talk to engineering. It happens.
ffred
ffred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #9
ffred
Enthusiast

As far as the dongle is concerned, is the mini-port used as access to the device, or is it merely a battery recharge port?
ffred
Old 01-09-2011, 12:20 PM   #10
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
C
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffred View Post
As far as the dongle is concerned, is the mini-port used as access to the device, or is it merely a battery recharge port?
ffred
The mini usb port is a client port for PC connectivity only.
Charging is via a dedicated port next to the headphone socket.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #11
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Anyone that is knowledgeable about hardware? Got some pictures of the inside of the IQ so many someone could try to spot to see if there is a Bluetooth chip?
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #12
ffred
Enthusiast

You're right, of course. I was thinking about another device that I was handling at about the same time. Thanks.
ffred