Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-23-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Painfully slow

Hi all. I am trying to edit an epub file using Sigil (v 0.1.9) and it just hangs constantly every time I do anything, i.e. insert a chapter break; five minutes later Sigil starts responding again. It's just unusable for me at the moment.

Now, I don't see anybody else having these issues, I think, so it must be something I'm doing wrong, or something wrong with my epub file (although I have tried it on a few different epubs with the same result).

Anybody have any ideas please?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:23 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Try the 0.2.0 beta. Bear in mind that a new beta3 will be out in a few hours.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:27 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
woohoo !! seriously ? yeah baby !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:31 PM   #4
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks Valloric - although it's pretty much bed time now so I'll wait for beta3 tomorrow evening.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #5
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
woohoo !! seriously ? yeah baby !
Should have been out by now, but I'm struggling with the Mac version of GCC... Sigil beta3 compiles fine on MSVC x86 and x64, GCC from Ubuntu 9.10 x86 and x64 but not on Snow Leopard... I love it when different versions of GCC disagree on what constitutes valid C++.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:49 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Yes! I forgot to check for spaces and lost my work on B2

Something I noticed:
The Windows (XP SP3) runs way slower than the Ubuntu Linux version.
Both systems have loads of RAM and are P4-3G+ CPU's

crss seems to grab a lot of CPU cycles whenever I split
A/V is quiet
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:51 PM   #7
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Something I noticed:
The Windows (XP SP3) runs way slower than the Ubuntu Linux version.
Both systems have loads of RAM and are P4-3G+ CPU's
I know, and it's a Qt issue. I've been planing to write a blog post about it on the Sigil dev blog for a while now.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I know, and it's a Qt issue. I've been planing to write a blog post about it on the Sigil dev blog for a while now.
Thanks.

I always have Linux for the serious work
Old 03-23-2010, 07:33 PM   #9
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Thanks.

I always have Linux for the serious work
I've isolated the issue and reported it to Nokia devs who have confirmed it. The fix for it is slated for QtWebkit 2.0 coming in May. So Linux shouldn't be faster then.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Should have been out by now, but I'm struggling with the Mac version of GCC... Sigil beta3 compiles fine on MSVC x86 and x64, GCC from Ubuntu 9.10 x86 and x64 but not on Snow Leopard... I love it when different versions of GCC disagree on what constitutes valid C++.
i feel for you. i've done enough conditional css for various browsers [cough]IE[cough] to understand the problem.

Quote:
I've isolated the issue and reported it to Nokia devs who have confirmed it. The fix for it is slated for QtWebkit 2.0 coming in May. So Linux shouldn't be faster then.
well that's good news.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:50 PM   #11
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Indeed Sigil 0.2 beta works pretty well on Linux. It does'nt crash either.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

cancel pending more tests

Last edited by theducks; 03-24-2010 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Cancel
Old 03-24-2010, 05:38 PM   #13
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

OK - I have downloaded beta 0.2.0 and things do indeed seem a lot better. Thanks for the advice