Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-14-2018, 11:55 AM   #1
Kirek50
Kirek50 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 3, TouchLux 3, Nook STGL
Boyue T80 - need help

I recently bought a Boyue T80 e-reader from China and I have a lot of problems with it. First of all, it hangs during reading (using all available applications -CoolReader. FReader, FB Reader, Moon etc.). It happens that it will restart.
Compilation v1.0.0-2017010614
As a system language, I use Polish.

I have a great request for help. Are there any patches for this firmware? Is there another, alternative firmware? Maybe there are some configuration methods to eliminate or limit hangs?

I will be grateful for every help and hints.
Kirek50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:45 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirek50 View Post
I recently bought a Boyue T80 e-reader from China and I have a lot of problems with it. First of all, it hangs during reading (using all available applications -CoolReader. FReader, FB Reader, Moon etc.).
Update to the latest firmware and the device will stop locking up while reading. You can get instructions in this thread on how to update your device.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2018, 07:17 AM   #3
Kirek50

Hmmm... The provided updates are specifically developed for the T80s only. My reader is T80 model and it seems to me that I have the latest firmware installed - v1.0.0-2017010614. I have not found a new one.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:50 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hmmm... The provided updates are specifically developed for the T80s only. My reader is T80 model and it seems to me that I have the latest firmware installed - v1.0.0-2017010614. I have not found a new one.
I'm sorry I apparently sent you to the wrong update. I had the same error you are reporting but it was for the newer T80s.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:28 AM   #5
Kirek50

Does nobody really use T80?
Advert
Old 01-17-2018, 12:11 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Does nobody really use T80?
It looks like you are correct and do have the latest firmware. Maybe someone in this thread knows a work around.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:13 PM   #7
Enthusiast
guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Inkbook 8
I was using this version for a long time and it was working pretty well: http://my-midia.com/en/inkbook-8-4/
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:48 AM   #8
Kirek50

How I understand, you use this version for the Boyue T80? Correct? Is it installed as described on this page about InkBook 8? Will not I damage my reader in this way?
Old 01-25-2018, 05:32 PM   #9
Enthusiast
guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Inkbook 8
No, it was installed on Inkbook 8, but the only difference between Inkbook 8 and Boyue T80 is the painted logo. I don't remember how exactly I've installed it - any method should work. Of course before installing a new firmware I always make a backup of my current one (but I don't think I've ever needed it after the installation).
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 05:36 AM   #10
ernieh
Connoisseur
ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch, kobo mini, Icarus Xl, Likebook Mars, Kobo Forma, Pocketboo
Sorry to restart an old thread but maybe someone will be able to help me. I used the Inkbook 8 update to try fix up some ongoing problems on my Icarus Illumina XL, a risky thing to do but not so bad as I have a perfectly running T80D (Mars) so worth the risk. The update worked other than a fixable language problem but while it fixed my previous page turning problem it has rendered the dictionary inoperative. It appears that the system references a directory called Quickdic instead of Dict and has an app called Quickdic which sorts this out. Does anyone know where I can get a conventional latest system update for the Boyue T80 rather than the Inkbook 8 one?
ernieh is offline   Reply With Quote