Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Today, 10:38 AM   #1591
raphamotta
raphamotta began at the beginning.

Device: PW-2
Wifi issue?

Helo guys,

I jailbreaked my PW-2 several months ago and everything worked fine. Now I'm having a wifi issue and I don't know if it is because the jailbreak.

I can't find any wifi networks anymore. I tried to reboot but nothing happens. Only enters in 3G mode.

Can I just reset my device with the jailbreak installed? I will lose the jailbreak that way?
raphamotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 10:52 AM   #1592
raphamotta
raphamotta began at the beginning.

Device: PW-2
Ow and I'm on 5.8.8
raphamotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:07 PM   #1593
knc1
Ex-Helpdesk Addict
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphamotta View Post
Helo guys,

I jailbreaked my PW-2 several months ago and everything worked fine. Now I'm having a wifi issue and I don't know if it is because the jailbreak.

I can't find any wifi networks anymore. I tried to reboot but nothing happens. Only enters in 3G mode.

Can I just reset my device with the jailbreak installed? I will lose the jailbreak that way?
Yes you will lose the Jailbreak.

The jail break IS NOT your problem.
It is version 5.8.8 which is your problem, tell Amazon, and you will not be the first.

If you absolutely must perform a reset (say before Amazon will replace it), then install the Rescue Pack before.
With the Rescue Pack installed, you can fix the files damaged by the 'reset'.
There is a recent thread here on that very subject.

Last edited by knc1; Today at 01:09 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote