Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-30-2016, 05:46 PM   #1
GraceBartlett
GraceBartlett began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sigil for Mac

Hi! I'm working on a class project where we have to create an e-book. Since I have a Mac (OS Sierra) does anyone have any tips on what version of Sigil I should download? I do see that if you are on Mac OS X then there are very specific instructions to follow. Thanks for any information!
GraceBartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:21 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I don't know many of the details concerning Mac's new macOS, but I assume that since they offer a free upgrade to it from El Capitan, that the previously installed programs will continue to work with Sierra. So I'd expect the latest version of Sigil (v0.9.7) to work fine. I'll let a Mac expert say for sure, though.

The latest version can always be found here (downloads are attached to the bottom of the post).

You want the "Sigil-0.9.7-Mac-Package.dmg" download.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-30-2016 at 06:24 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:25 PM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Yes, that Mac package should work all the way back to MacOSX 10.9.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote