Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #16
arjaybe
Wizard
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
"I liked the feeling of being in a 'classic' scifi novel that was character-driven,

and not all 'plot.'"

As Elgin wakes from a centuries-long sleep, it’s to the memory of danger and loss. Even in the confusion of re-animation, he wonders if this time she’ll be there. But then he remembers the mysterious Visitor and the perilous mission that took Frances from him, and darkness closes in again. Even so, there’s always the hope that this time will be different, that they will have found a way. It was always like this. Hope would always rise again, no matter how often it was struck down.

Green Comet is an expansive story of love and adventure among the synesthetic inhabitants of a comet. It's a novel released under a Creative Commons attribution and share alike license (CC-BY-SA.)

Approximately 134,000 words

ISBN - ePub: 978-0-9919532-0-2

Download it free.

rjb
arjaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:59 PM   #17
arjaybe
Wizard
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"If you weren't consciously inspired by Heinlein . . . well, then you're some kind of

psychic channel, medium, whatever."

Don't be afraid to drop a comment on the Green Comet website. Let me know what you think.

Green Comet.

Download it free.

rjb
Old 04-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #18
arjaybe
Wizard

"It's begging to be made into sequels along the lines of Asimov's Foundation

and Arthur C. Clarke's Rama."

Don't be afraid to drop a comment on the Green Comet website. Let me know what you think.

Green Comet website.

Download Green Comet free.

rjb
Old 05-02-2014, 01:51 PM   #19
arjaybe
Wizard

All the characters are believable

and I have known people in real life that show the same traits and emotions that Jim has included in the people of Green Comet.

Green Comet website.

rjb
Old 06-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #20
arjaybe
Wizard

This is an excellent read!

I enjoyed it very much, and appreciate your making this available.

Green Comet website.

rjb
Old 07-05-2014, 12:13 PM   #21
arjaybe
Wizard

This novel is deep and quite technical yet enjoyable and able to make you laugh

Creative Commons Attribution and Share-Alike

Green Comet website.

rjb

Last edited by arjaybe; 12-07-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:23 PM   #22
arjaybe
Wizard

I assumed that because it's free it wouldn't be any good,

but it's the best Science Fiction novel I've read this year.

Green Comet website.

rjb

Last edited by arjaybe; 12-07-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:08 PM   #23
arjaybe
Wizard

I just finished your book. WOW! What an ending!

Description

As Elgin wakes from a centuries-long sleep, it’s to the memory of danger and loss. Even in the confusion of re-animation, he wonders if this time she’ll be there. But then he remembers the mysterious Visitor and the perilous mission that took Frances from him, and darkness closes in again. Even so, there’s always the hope that this time will be different, that they will have found a way. It was always like this. Hope would always rise again, no matter how often it was struck down.

Green Comet website.

rjb
Old 03-27-2015, 12:52 PM   #24
arjaybe
Wizard

I highly recommend this book to all who have an interest in science fiction

Description

Green Comet website.

rjb

Last edited by arjaybe; 03-27-2015 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:19 PM   #25
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjaybe View Post

Green Comet website.

rjb
"deep and quite technical yet enjoyable and able to make you laugh"

How could I resist such a description. Just downloaded it. Thanks!
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:21 AM   #26
arjaybe
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
"deep and quite technical yet enjoyable and able to make you laugh"

How could I resist such a description. Just downloaded it. Thanks!
Thanks Gregg. I hope you enjoy it.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:02 PM   #27
arjaybe
Wizard

I'd like to use parts of your work for my literary criticism class

Description

Green Comet website.

rjb

Last edited by arjaybe; 11-30-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:09 PM   #28
arjaybe
Wizard

I'd like to use parts of your work for my literary criticism class

Description

Green Comet website.

rjb
Old 07-23-2016, 11:12 AM   #29
arjaybe
Wizard

Let me thank you for the privilege of reading such a fine piece of writing. I am glad I read it.

Description

Green Comet website.

rjb
Old 11-03-2017, 12:03 PM   #30
arjaybe
Wizard

It is a good read and have you started a sequel to it yet?

Book One in the Green Comet trilogy. Books two and three are Parasite Puppeteers and The Francesians.

Description

Green Comet website.

rjb

Last edited by arjaybe; 11-03-2017 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Image deleted. He already has an image.

Tags
creative commons, epub, free book, pdf, science fiction book