Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-14-2021, 04:12 PM   #1
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Split mode on Onyx

Hi, I don't know if write this here or in Onyx section: with last Onyx firmware I can turn on the Split mode, and have half screen with an application and half screen with another one. I'd like to have half screen with KOreader and half with the Note program. But when I try, an error occurres, saying that the app (KOreader) does not support split mode.
Someone knows why this happens?
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 04:29 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrzvnrnd View Post
Hi, I don't know if write this here or in Onyx section
Here is the best place

Quote:
(...)But when I try, an error occurres, saying that the app (KOreader) does not support split mode.
Someone knows why this happens?
Because the app doesn't support split mode.

It is not really the app but the framework we use on android. More info in https://github.com/koreader/android-...her/issues/238

Patches, as you can read in the link, are very welcome
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2021, 07:07 AM   #3
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Here is the best place

Because the app doesn't support split mode.

It is not really the app but the framework we use on android. More info in https://github.com/koreader/android-...her/issues/238

Patches, as you can read in the link, are very welcome
Thank you for the answer!
Old 01-15-2021, 02:30 PM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Thank you for the answer!
You're welcome.

FWIW implementing basic split mode shouldn't be too hard with the code as is in KOReader.

Long time ago this, or hw rotation, were blocked as the app was hardcoded to work in portrait mode only. Since then @yparitcher fixed these limitations and now is possible to run KOReader in very questionable platforms, like Android TV, the raspberry pi framebuffer or Chrome OS.

In android devices the main blocker is just that, when multiwindow mode is enabled, part of the canvas stays behind the status bar. Somebody bothered enough with this should be able to fix it with some android SDK knowledge, without touching KO code. At least this is what I hope.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:53 AM   #5
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
You're welcome.

In android devices the main blocker is just that, when multiwindow mode is enabled, part of the canvas stays behind the status bar. Somebody bothered enough with this should be able to fix it with some android SDK knowledge, without touching KO code. At least this is what I hope.
I'm leaving (sigh) KOReader for ebooks I need to study, because I can not split screen to take notes while I'm studying. Where I can find update about this feature in future?

Thank you

Fabrizio
Advert
Old 04-22-2021, 12:50 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You'd need to find an interested developer with both the time, know-how *and* the device in question.

(In short: good luck).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 03:08 PM   #7
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
You'd need to find an interested developer with both the time, know-how *and* the device in question.
Well, if it's just about the screen splitting thing any of us could do it (the time and all that applies of course), assuming we're talking about the standard Android functionality?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 05:41 AM   #8
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Well, if it's just about the screen splitting thing any of us could do it (the time and all that applies of course), assuming we're talking about the standard Android functionality?
I have the option on Onyx Note 3. I don't know if it an Android standard one...
Old 04-26-2021, 06:42 AM   #9
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
A quick search suggests that device is running Android 10, which presumably means it's not some custom thing. In any case see https://github.com/koreader/android-...her/issues/238 for what needs to be done for standard Android.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote