Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 03-08-2021, 03:59 PM   #1
robintes
Banned
robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Android tablet, Kobo Forma
uploading epub from Calibre

if ive managed to collect an epub which i think is of value to the library, how do I upload it?

seems a simple act of good faith is covered in mystery. If its good enough for Calibre reader and on my tablet why make it so difficult - its a great demotivator
robintes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:36 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
You just find the file in your disk and upload it, following the guidelines.

If it's a book you "managed to collect", it's probably available elsewhere and not of much interest to the library, though.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:41 AM   #3
robintes
Banned
robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

well now i am confused. I thought a library here would be a location to source Epubs/pdfs or links to other locations where such a book might be read

now you say probably dont bother to upload cos if ive collected it, its probably available elsewhere

"not much interest to the library". Im only offering my contribution cos i thought it might benefit other READERS

thats really obtuse

and leaves me with the feeling - why should i put myself out (given the fact that Ive had to ask the question in the first place)

bad attitude here I think

Last edited by robintes; 03-10-2021 at 12:45 AM.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:05 AM   #4
robintes
Banned

as per above, ive followed the link https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14163
and indeed had read it before and this is what lead me to post my question

It seems to confuse the issue of a newbie author trying to get his precious work into Epub format and published into the library (thats a whole different ball of wax - how to create an Ebook)

Now we are really dealing with the murky world of international copyright and how the uploader is responsible for indemnifying mobileread in case it gets sued

So in short MR doesnt really want anything unless it is fully sanitised. Casually uploading something i found from my Calibre is not welcome

Nuff said I wont bother
Old 03-10-2021, 06:22 AM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by robintes View Post

So in short MR doesnt really want anything unless it is fully sanitised. Casually uploading something i found from my Calibre is not welcome

Nuff said I wont bother
You're right. Publicly sharing a book still in copyright without the author's (or their heirs) consent is illegal. MobileRead is not a pirate site.

Whether the current copyright laws are fair or not is a whole other issue. But as long as they're valid, MR must obey them.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote