Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-27-2008, 01:51 PM   #46
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotheman View Post
- landscape mode is unintuitive, should be turned 180 degrees from the way it is now

jo.
Wouldn't this mean you were turning it upside down?

Or are you saying once it is in landscape mode you think it should be the other way? In other words you have to turn it 90degs to the right and you want to turn it 90degs to the left?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:20 PM   #47
jotheman
Sleeper.
jotheman began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max2, Kinde Voyage, reMarkable, Dasung Paperlike Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
In other words you have to turn it 90degs to the right and you want to turn it 90degs to the left?

BOb
Exactly.
jotheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2008, 02:31 PM   #48
jotheman
Sleeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
What formats does it support?
From the BeBook website:
pdf, doc, txt, rtf, html, djvu, chm, fb2, wolf, mp3, png, tiff, gif, jpg, bmp

Since the last update, the Hanlin V3 supports ePub (BeBook is a rebranded version of that device). Don't know about the current BeBook firmware, but anyway, it should work one way or another.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #49
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Have you tried to read chm books?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:47 PM   #50
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotheman View Post
From the BeBook website:
pdf, doc, txt, rtf, html, djvu, chm, fb2, wolf, mp3, png, tiff, gif, jpg, bmp

Since the last update, the Hanlin V3 supports ePub (BeBook is a rebranded version of that device). Don't know about the current BeBook firmware, but anyway, it should work one way or another.

I wonder if it's chm support is the same as Netronix's chm support - first you explode into html files, then you convert to .txt files, finally you run through the .stk ebook maker. I *hope* BeBook isn't as dishonest as Netronix is about the ebook formats supported. (Of course, now that the EB610 and above are running WinCE 5.0, that may well change.)

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2008, 05:03 PM   #51
jotheman
Sleeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Have you tried to read chm books?
No. Sorry I can't help with that.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:39 PM   #52
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
I wonder if it's chm support is the same as Netronix's chm support - first you explode into html files, then you convert to .txt files, finally you run through the .stk ebook maker. I *hope* BeBook isn't as dishonest as Netronix is about the ebook formats supported. (Of course, now that the EB610 and above are running WinCE 5.0, that may well change.)

Derek
I do believe they include files that must be converted to run. Sony seems to do the same thing by the way. I do not like that. I am not sure which files will work natively on the device but I know the number is up a lot more now that FBReader has been ported to Hanlin devices.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:07 PM   #53
Charybdis
Enthusiast
Charybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enough

Device: BeBook
"BeBook is a rebranded version of Hanlin V3" - what does it mean? Is BeBook a partner company of Jinke?
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:34 PM   #54
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charybdis View Post
"BeBook is a rebranded version of Hanlin V3" - what does it mean? Is BeBook a partner company of Jinke?
No. It means that BeBook chose to buy V3s that have the BeBook logo and model information on them instead of the stock V3 info. Kind of like Bookeen buying the units from Netronix but having Netronix label them as Cybooks. Now a reseller/agent on the other hand would sell them as V3s (the Jinkes) but would buy in sufficient volume to get a discount.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:23 PM   #55
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
No. It means that BeBook chose to buy V3s that have the BeBook logo and model information on them instead of the stock V3 info. Kind of like Bookeen buying the units from Netronix but having Netronix label them as Cybooks. Now a reseller/agent on the other hand would sell them as V3s (the Jinkes) but would buy in sufficient volume to get a discount.

Derek
Not really. The Cybook is purchased as oem and then custom software has been added to make it a unique product. The BeBook is truly just a house brand on a V3, no value add that I can see. House brands are often done to lots of devices for various reasons but they are not the same as OEM of a hardware product.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:12 AM   #56
Charybdis
Enthusiast
Charybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enough

BeBook looks like amazing. Here in Europe it is the best device according to my research.

I would pay with Paypal, but will they really ship my BeBook? I am a little scared that I will pay the whole amount now, but I will get nothing...

One more question: does BeBook support non-English letters, too?
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #57
Bigbear
Bigbear began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook
Paypal works fine

Well at least here in the UK. I ordered mine last Sunday and it arrived just before lunch on the Thursday.

I am really pleased with it. I also have an old Rocketbook and while the e-ink on the BeBook is amazing to see, the speed is not a patch on the Rocketbook. I do think there is a still a way on to go on this latest round of ebook readers but I don't regret buying it one bit. The Rocketbook weighs 3 times as much as the BeBook and is far far bulkier.

The Bebook is so light and thin it is quite amazing (yes I know that the Cybook is lighter, but it is heavier on the wallet)

If anything the leather case detracts from the BeBook. Its almost as heavy as the device itself! Still it offers great protection.

All we need now is the mobipocket update. I believe it is already available for the Russian version of the Hanlin V3.
Bigbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:18 AM   #58
pookey
pookey began at the beginning.

BeBook review

I have just done a review of the bebook, which you can see here:

http://pookey.co.uk/blog/archives/61-BeBook-review.html

I hope it's of help to people!
pookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:13 AM   #59
vivek_cbe
vivek_cbe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
did you guys see that this book supports .lit file natively !!
vivek_cbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:26 AM   #60
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Yes we did. Non-DRM only BTW.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote