Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-11-2019, 04:44 PM   #1
lionlungs
lionlungs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
Slightly modified Kobo Clara HD

Recently, my Kobo got a scratch on the bezel and I decided to go all the way with it so I sand-papered it all.

It ended up giving it an interesting texture and very rough feel - almost like construction paper which is cool since it is an eBOOK reader after all.

What do you guys think about it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190711_163737.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	172342   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190711_162806.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	172343  
lionlungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:04 PM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
It looks like it was run over by a car, but I'm curious what it feels like. I didn't think I'd like the pebble textured bezels on the Glowlight Plus (2015), but I wound up loving them.

It could be that not enough attention is paid to how a reader feels in the hand.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2019, 05:12 PM   #3
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
I like it! Kobo has nice looking hardware, but tends to go for smooth plastic finishes that are hard to grip and sweaty to hold.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:54 PM   #4
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
It sort of looks like wood.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:05 AM   #5
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
Kind of like brushed aluminum, nice touch!
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2019, 07:26 PM   #6
Derf
Connoisseur
Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD / Mac User
I think it’s interesting. It doesn’t look all bad, not like I would miss the Kobo logo staring me down. What size grit paper did you use? I would think it would be less glaring and have better hand feel and grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 01:33 PM   #7
HYPE
Groupie
HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Pretty nice. It doesn't exactly look clean (at least not on the pictures) but I do remember how annoyed I was by a single scratch on my old Kobo Glo HD's bezel so maybe the trade-off is worth it. The feel, however, must definitely be an improvement as Kobo's shiny plastic as never been great to hold.
HYPE is offline   Reply With Quote