Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-02-2019, 05:25 AM   #1
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur
Onyx Boox is on a distinguished road

Device: Boox Ereader
Free your hands with a remoter when use an e-reader!

One more new and cool accessory has been added to our official Booxshop. With the BT remoter, you can capture screens, call out the menu, refresh the screen, turn on front light, flip pages, and enlarge font size in a simple way. Free your hands with a remote controller when use an E-reader. Buy any E-reader now from Booxshop and you can get a remoter at $9.99 now!

Last edited by Onyx Boox; 07-02-2019 at 05:28 AM.
Onyx Boox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:16 AM   #2
bit101
Connoisseur
bit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Nova Pro
Does this work with all models of Onyx Boox? Nova Pro?
bit101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2019, 01:02 PM   #3
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
where we can buy it on europe?
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:52 PM   #4
bit101
Connoisseur
bit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmos

Ordered. I'm overly excited about this.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:17 AM   #5
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bit101 View Post
Does this work with all models of Onyx Boox? Nova Pro?
Yes, it could work with the Nova Pro. Thank you for your support to Onyx Boox.
Advert
Old 07-03-2019, 06:21 AM   #6
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
where we can buy it on europe?
You could directly order one from Booxshop now and we will directly ship to Europe.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:08 AM   #7
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Boox View Post
You could directly order one from Booxshop now and we will directly ship to Europe.
25 + 13 of shipping, plus customs (20fixed + 21%), too much, unless you ship it from europe, there is no chance to pay almost 70 for this when a generic bluetooth does the same but the refresh screen thing and cost under 10.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:42 PM   #8
Hrod
Enthusiast
Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Boox Nova Pro & Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
25 + 13 of shipping, plus customs (20fixed + 21%), too much, unless you ship it from europe, there is no chance to pay almost 70 for this when a generic bluetooth does the same but the refresh screen thing and cost under 10.
If it's express shipping, VAT and taxes are guaranteed. The most outrageous is the fee from the courier company. That's why I did not buy my ereader directly from Boox.
You're right, it's not worth it to order in Europe this remote if it's not shipped from Europe.
Hrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 05:31 AM   #9
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur

Dear users, fully understand that. We will try our best to make the remoter available in Europe in the near future.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:07 PM   #10
bit101
Connoisseur

Even the $38-whatever I spent to get it in the US is a bit pricey, but I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 07-05-2019, 02:17 AM   #11
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur

Quote:
Even the $38-whatever I spent to get it in the US is a bit pricey, but I'm really looking forward to it.
Thank you for your support to us!
Old 07-06-2019, 11:11 AM   #12
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I want it.
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:08 PM   #13
bit101
Connoisseur

I ordered this device the day it was announced. Took a couple weeks to ship to the US from China. It functions pretty well, but one really annoying thing I've found so far is that as soon as you turn the ereader (Nova Pro) screen off, it kills the Bluetooth connection to the remote. Then I have to go back into Bluetooth settings and reconnect it. I have not found a way around this. I can just turn off the screen and turn it back on and the connection is lost and it will not automatically reconnect.

The directions are in really poor English, but seem to say that once it is paired with the ereader, just pressing a button on the remote will establish a connection. I am not finding this to be the case. It does not reconnect until I go into settings and manually reconnect it.

If I have to manually connect it every time the screen goes off, then this device causes more hassle than benefit. I'm hoping that I'm just doing something wrong, and I'll keep trying things.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:06 PM   #14
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
I ordered this device the day it was announced. Took a couple weeks to ship to the US from China. It functions pretty well, but one really annoying thing I've found so far is that as soon as you turn the ereader (Nova Pro) screen off, it kills the Bluetooth connection to the remote. Then I have to go back into Bluetooth settings and reconnect it. I have not found a way around this. I can just turn off the screen and turn it back on and the connection is lost and it will not automatically reconnect.

The directions are in really poor English, but seem to say that once it is paired with the ereader, just pressing a button on the remote will establish a connection. I am not finding this to be the case. It does not reconnect until I go into settings and manually reconnect it.

If I have to manually connect it every time the screen goes off, then this device causes more hassle than benefit. I'm hoping that I'm just doing something wrong, and I'll keep trying things.
There are some android apps that keep bluetooth always on. Not sure if they would help in this case, but I don't have that problem with the remote that I use and I have Bluetooth Always On activated on a Nova Pro.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:22 AM   #15
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur

Hello all, thank you for your support to Onyx Boox first. And apologize for any inconvenience that has cause. We have forwarded this problem to our R&D team and this problem will be fixed with the firmware update. Below is the instruction for the firmware update and you could learn more from this video.

How to update the firmware of the Bluetooth Remote Control?

1. Download the “Onyx DFU-release” apk form here and install it in your Android phone.

2. Open the “Onyx DFU-release” App in your phone and then select the Bluetooth remote control at first step.

3. Make sure that you have opened your phone’s Bluetooth first, and then please kindly click any button of your remote control.

4. After the phone has paired with the Bluetooth control successfully, then click the “Update” button to easily update to the latest firmware.

5. Then you could try to repair the remote control with your Boox device.